The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MamiyaAFD/ZD: Funky Date/Time/Capture Info in Metadata in Lightroom

jdbfreeheel

All,

I have been using my Mamiya AFD with ZD back this past week in Santa Fe and I have noticed an interesting bug or glitch that I'm wondering if others have noticed (either with their ZD backs, or perhaps even when using an AFD with other DBs).

I have the time and date set correctly in my AFD. Additionally, I have it set so that it transfers this info to the back (for film imprint). Additionally, I have my ZD's date and time set correctly (and matches the AFD).

When I import my files into LR, sometimes the files have the correct date/time/creation date in the metadata and sometimes it comes out funky with a 12/30/2000 or my favorite, 11/30/1967.

Does anyone know, if when using the Mamiya AFD that you are supposed to turn off the date imprint, if this info is communicated to the DB (ZD or otherwise) or if the file is "imprinted" with the date/time from the DB directly and disregards any info from the camera body?

I imagine the issue works the same regardless of DB, but I'm not sure. I'm about to run a few experiments turning off the AFD's date imprinting, setting different times/dates in the ZD back etc to try to figure this out. I will report whatever I find, but wanted to reach out to see if anyone has experienced any nuttiness with date/time stamping, etc.

Thanks,

Josh

jdbfreeheel

Thanks Jack,

I assumed this was the "trick," but interestingly, I just took a test picture, after turning off the "date/time" imprint setting on the AFD and I double-checked the date/time setting on the ZD back in the menu. The date/time listed was" 07/12/08 27:49.

Now, I'm new to advanced technology, but I've never seen 27 o'clock, even in military time :).

My test shot, with the "date/time" imprint on the AFD turned off worked fine and the metadata in Lightroom is correct.

I'm going to hope that by having the AFD date/time imprint on as well as the date/time set in the ZD back, there was mass confusion in the communication between the two devices and that all will be well.

Thanks for your help.

-Josh