The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Announcements-P65+,T/S,CaptureOne

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Ok so it is now Monday morning and we can now share with you a bunch of new information that was presented to us on Friday.
•P65+ back,
• Price adjustments on Refurbished Backs (see vendor area)(http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40010#post40010)
•T/S lens
• Enhancements to CaptureOne Pro 4.1 for Hasselblad V and H series lenses.

New P65+ digital back specs/features :
It features a Dalsa sensor that has been developed with close cooperation from Phase One and includes many Phase One patents. This chip is exclusive to Phase One.
The dimensions are 53.9mmx40.4mm @ 6x6 micron – 60.5 MP CCD.
Lens magnification is 1.0x ! 20% larger image area then the 36x49mm CCD.
180MB TIF file in 8-bit RGB
Raw IIQL file size – 60MB
Raw IIQS file size – 40MB
(keep in mind the H25 which was 22MP in RAW 3.0 format had a RAW file size of about 43MB)
Capture Rates as fast as 1 frame/sec
ISO range 50-800
12.5 f-stops DR
Optimized for T&S and Wide Angle (less lens cast calibration required)
Exposure range 1/4000 to 1 min
Available in P/M645AFD , V, H and Contax Mount

Performance of CCD can be upgraded with new features as they become available.

Showing at Photokina 2008 and Shipping will start in Q4/2008

P65+ Classic - $39,990
P65+ VA - $42,990
P65+ Classic bundle w/ PhaseOne 645AF system $41,990
P65+ VA bundle w/ PhaseOne 645AF system $45,990

If you order a P65+ today you may for a P45+ and pay the difference when your P65+ is ready to be shippied.

New T/S lens
This is a new lens that PhaseOne is bringing to market that has a focal length of 45mm (eqiv. To 24mm for 35mm camera). It is manual focus, and has an aperture range of 3.5-22 . Starting to ship in July for $3990. It is for the PhaseOne/Mamiya 645AF mount.

CaptureOne 4.1x
Enhancements for other lenses with Focus+ and Lens+
Being released next month a FREE plug in will be available for using the Lens+ and Focus+ tools to: Remove lens artifacts, correct for color aberration and fringing and provide improvements of image sharpness and resolution. This is for all Hasselblad H and V series lenses

As we get more information we will post it.

Always if you have any questions please get in touch with us at Capture Integration.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office
877-217-7870
Capture Integration
[email protected]

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Sounds sweet Lance... what's the part about performance of CCD can be upgraded mean. Is that a firmware thing or something more.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Sounds sweet Lance... what's the part about performance of CCD can be upgraded mean. Is that a firmware thing or something more.
I believe it is, they did not go into too much detail, but one of the things they mentioned was that over time they will be able to provide:
Scalable pixel/file size
Higher Sensitivity and larger dynamic range
Increased flexibility for operation and capture
Improved capture rates
This all falls under their Sensor+ technology.

Lance
Lance Schad
Capture Integration
[email protected]

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Ah man , anyone want to buy a piece of my house. LOL

Lance some really great news for the industry there. That T/S I WANT. July you mean like now it is available

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Well there will be a limited amount of them, then quantity shipping in September. So we will have demos most likely this month.
L

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
AWESOME news, thanks for sharing!

PS: Put me in line NOW for the 45 TS!!!

Guy Mancuso

Me Too Lance and please try to get some of the demo's for the workshop in September. We are doing the workshop one week before Photokinia time.:D:D:D

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Here are the specs Paul:
Compatible Cameras: Phase One 645 / Mamiya 645
Focal length: 45 mm (equivalent to 24 mm focal length for a 35mm camera)
Focusing: Manual
Maximum aperture: 1:3.5
Aperture range: 3.5 - 22 (manual)
Construction: 8 elements in 7 groups
Angle of view: 83° (98° with optical unit shifted)
Minimum focus: 0.35 m
Filter size: Ø82 mm
Lens movement: Individual rotation of both tilt and shift in any direction
Rotation movement range: 360°, with click stops every 15°
Shift movement range 0 to 12 mm in any direction
Tilt movement range 0 to 8° in any direction
Dimensions Ø96×110 mm
Weight 880 grams

Lance

woodyspedden

Ok so it is now Monday morning and we can now share with you a bunch of new information that was presented to us on Friday.
•P65+ back,
• Price adjustments on Refurbished Backs (see vendor area)(http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40010#post40010)
•T/S lens
• Enhancements to CaptureOne Pro 4.1 for Hasselblad V and H series lenses.

New P65+ digital back specs/features :
It features a Dalsa sensor that has been developed with close cooperation from Phase One and includes many Phase One patents. This chip is exclusive to Phase One.
The dimensions are 53.9mmx40.4mm @ 6x6 micron – 60.5 MP CCD.
Lens magnification is 1.0x ! 20% larger image area then the 36x49mm CCD.
180MB TIF file in 8-bit RGB
Raw IIQL file size – 60MB
Raw IIQS file size – 40MB
(keep in mind the H25 which was 22MP in RAW 3.0 format had a RAW file size of about 43MB)
Capture Rates as fast as 1 frame/sec
ISO range 50-800
12.5 f-stops DR
Optimized for T&S and Wide Angle (less lens cast calibration required)
Exposure range 1/4000 to 1 min
Available in P/M645AFD , V, H and Contax Mount

Performance of CCD can be upgraded with new features as they become available.

Showing at Photokina 2008 and Shipping will start in Q4/2008

P65+ Classic - $39,990
P65+ VA - $42,990
P65+ Classic bundle w/ PhaseOne 645AF system $41,990
P65+ VA bundle w/ PhaseOne 645AF system $45,990

If you order a P65+ today you may for a P45+ and pay the difference when your P65+ is ready to be shippied.

New T/S lens
This is a new lens that PhaseOne is bringing to market that has a focal length of 45mm (eqiv. To 24mm for 35mm camera). It is manual focus, and has an aperture range of 3.5-22 . Starting to ship in July for $3990. It is for the PhaseOne/Mamiya 645AF mount.

CaptureOne 4.1x
Enhancements for other lenses with Focus+ and Lens+
Being released next month a FREE plug in will be available for using the Lens+ and Focus+ tools to: Remove lens artifacts, correct for color aberration and fringing and provide improvements of image sharpness and resolution. This is for all Hasselblad H and V series lenses

As we get more information we will post it.

Always if you have any questions please get in touch with us at Capture Integration.

Lance Schad
877-217-7870
Capture Integration
[email protected]
Hey Lance (and everyone else)

Just a few weeks ago we were all speculating about the upcoming cameras and my take was that, for all the right marketing reasons, Phase would switch to an exclusive arrangement with Dalsa for their high end products. This puts them into a unique position in the market and as anyone who has looked at Aptus files for example would know, Dalsa produces a very fine product.

So we have Hassy at one end with the highest end (for now) Kodak sensor and Phase at the other with Dalsa.

This can only mean good things for all of us as the competition heats up.

And of course Sinar and Leaf are not going to sit still so let the games begin!

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Have to agree Woody this is all good stuff for US. I like to see the industry grow and even if this back is not in your sights it still is out there and the technology is what we are really after. This back will have some unique features that will trickle down hopefully to the rest of the line. I sit here today with a P25 plus that i just bought and they already are not going to produce the sensor anymore according to Kodak. Now do i care , hell no. This is going to happen no matter what and my back is still as viable as the day I bought it. Be it Phase still makes it does not matter to me . If we keep making this stuff better than when I upgrade it will be more significant a upgrade than just coasting along. I still have the only 9 micron back that can shoot a one hour exposure. Heck for someone out there on the used market will still want a P25 plus for that stuff. I'm all for improvements as long as there good ones and make sense.