The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya AFDII pricing

D

dlew308

When might the pricing of the AFDII drop down with the III being out?
I'm keeping an eye on the B/S section.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
With the AFD3 having a street price of $3500 for the body only (same as the Afd2 body still is new BTW), I would expect New AFD2 bodies to go on sale for say 20% off, or about $2800. BUT that probably won't happen until the AFD3 is actually readily available, which is still maybe 4 to 6 weeks away. You can buy AFD2 demo kits now with the 80 for about $2700 at B&H and used kits regularly go for about $2000, so not sure how much more the good used body will really fall -- maybe another 10 - 20% depending on condition?

The other thing to keep in mind is back-up, so I am conflicted right now about letting go of my AFD2 body. It is like new and works great, and if I sell it what do I use if I need to send the AFD3 body out for a firmware update?

Here is AFD2 prices at B&H: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/5325/645_AF_System_Camera_Bodies_Kits.html

Cheers,

lance_schad

Workshop Member
There maybe a bunch going on the used market shortly after PhaseOne and Leaf fulfill all of their upgrade commitments to users, but have a feeling people will want to hold on to them as back-ups.

Have you looked at the Vendor area (http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2620) Phase One is now bundling new camera systems with refurbished backs for only $1000 more than the price of a back with other mounts.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Toll Free: 877-217-9870
Capture Integration
[email protected]

D

dlew308

Too bad that doesn't include the P20/P21 RF's :cry:

There maybe a bunch going on the used market shortly after PhaseOne and Leaf fulfill all of their upgrade commitments to users, but have a feeling people will want to hold on to them as back-ups.

Have you looked at the Vendor area (http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2620) Phase One is now bundling new camera systems with refurbished backs for only $1000 more than the price of a back with other mounts.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration
[email protected]

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
So almost 11k for a new Phase Body , lens and a P21 9 micron 18mpx back that will run over anything in 35mm. Can't beat that with a stick

D

dlew308

Now I just need a low % loan or stop the kid's college fund...what to do ;)

Guy Mancuso

Well you can get the back and get a AFD II which will run very well with it and save a lot of money from new. Take the extra money and get 3 more lenses for 1500 dollars.

The trick is get yourself in the door than you can build from there. The P21 has the same sensor as mine but with micro lenses to cut down moire. But the sensor will produce images like I am getting and they really are awesome. So a used body and p21 you can get for way under 10k.

D

dlew308

p21 sounds like a good plan.
It's the raising the funds part that's hard :(

QUOTE=Guy Mancuso;40099]Well you can get the back and get a AFD II which will run very well with it and save a lot of money from new. Take the extra money and get 3 more lenses for 1500 dollars.

The trick is get yourself in the door than you can build from there. The P21 has the same sensor as mine but with micro lenses to cut down moire. But the sensor will produce images like I am getting and they really are awesome. So a used body and p21 you can get for way under 10k.[/QUOTE]

Guy Mancuso

Raising funds is not easy , I know all to well of that. But I think as we get close to Photokinia this is a great time with all the new stuff coming dealers are willing to let some things out the door at great prices. Just like cars the old has to go to make room for the new stuff.

LJL

I wish they'd finance em like cars, hint hint 0 to low APR % ;)
Would be nice, but then all these camera manufacturers would also be major financial institutions, just like the car companies. Every look at the annual report for Ford or GM.....cars and trucks are a small part of their balance sheet.....most is finance operations. At one time, it looked like they should be grouped with the banking "industry" rather than manufacturing.

In any event, the concept is attractive for sure, but somehow the market is still probably too small :(

LJ

D

dlew308

true, I guess it'd be more on the dealers to offer that kind of deals with financing

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Well there are many different types of business leases that can be set up to defer payments, scale payments and so on. I will shoot an email to a well trusted colleague of mine that I have used for leasing for many years and have him describe some of the programs over in the vendor area tomorrow.
I'll send him an email tonight so keep an eye open for it there may be an option that fits you.
On the consumer side, I'll ask him about that as well but most of the times people just go to their banks and get a equity line or something.
He has really done magic for some of my clients.
L
Lance Schad
Capture Integration
[email protected]