The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Glass

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
I have been acquiring some glass for my new Phase One 645DF and have noticed some real variances in the glass and the images. (If it makes any difference I am shooting a P40+. So...

What are your favorite lenses and why? Seriously, if I am going to play in this sandbox I would like to hear from those that have been here for a while. And it might save me some money, as I appear to have purchased two lenses that I probably could have directed the money to better glass....

Thanks all....

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It seems that there's definitely a glass pecking order for 645 AFD at the moment with the Schneider's being at the top, followed by the Mamiya/Phase One D glass and then the older Mamiya glass.

I personally don't have any of the LS glass but I am very pleased with my 28, 80 & 75-150 D lenses. Ditto 120 macro & 300 APO. I sold my 55-110 & 105-210 zooms and my 35 & 45 AF lenses aren't as sharp as the D lenses.

There's a decent Mamiya lens review in the gear section here. Some folks have had more/less success with the older AF lenses although it would seem that there's more sample variation with them.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here it is just follow my lead here you can't miss as these are the top tier.

28d,55ls,80ls,120macro,110ls,150d

Second tier 35d,45d, find hood copies
80d,75-150,300 allvery good here

The rest you can find good copies and will work good at F 8

But the best are above and the top tier is what I would go after first.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Here it is just follow my lead here you can't miss as these are the top tier.

28d,55ls,80ls,120macro,110ls,150d

Second tier 35d,45d, find hood copies
80d,75-150,300 allvery good here

The rest you can find good copies and will work good at F 8

But the best are above and the top tier is what I would go after first.
+1
Bill