The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Green tint?

evgeny

Greetings.

My basic workflow is: I save Leaf 65 .MOS files as DNG in Camera Raw, and apply sensor Profile generated in XRite Color Passport for that specific light/shot. Then no white balance is necessary.
I photograph my child a lot in a kindergarten. Some people said the images have green tint, see the image below.
I try to understand if there a real problem and what can cause it.
Thanks for comments.

evgeny

Here is the description of my procedure:

1. I shoot the XRite's White Balance target (grey card) to get the grey in the middle of the histogram.

2. I use that capture to set grey balance in the Leaf 65 back.

3. I shoot the XRite's ColorChecker Classic target, which contains 24 color patches, to later create a DNG Profile.

4. I shoot all photos.

5. I convert Leaf's .MOS images to DNG in Mac computer.

6. I run the ColorChecker Passport application, open the ColorChecker Classic target, and generate new Camera Profile.

7. I apply that Camera Profile to all DNGs in Camera RAW.

8. I use the first (neutral grey) patch in the ColorChecker Classic target to set white balance in all photos in Camera RAW.

Please advice, if anything need to be corrected.

--------

I tested today – there is about half stop difference between the XRite's White Balance target and grey card made by Leaf. If Leaf's grey card is optimized for the Leaf 65 digital back (?), what exposure to use for the XRite's ColorChecker Classic target, half stop corrected or not? Without the correction the ColorChecker Classic target and its first (neutral grey) patch will look "brighter". However no correction is needed when I use only XRite cards.

Last edited: