The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lars van de Goor

tsjanik

Thanks Anders, stunning images. Truly, he knows where to place his camera and when to press the shutter. He has a very ingenious homepage as well: the print appearing above the couch is really creative as is the gallery link.

Tom

D&A

Thanks Anders, stunning images. Truly, he knows where to place his camera and when to press the shutter. He has a very ingenious homepage as well: the print appearing above the couch is really creative as is the gallery link.

Tom
I agree with Tom in his ingenuity, in placing/presenting his compositions in a framed print above a couch. His images are certainly impressive and the painterly presentations suits them well....lovely!

Dave (D&A)

Analog6

Inspirational stuff, makes me itch to get out there!

And while browsing his site I realised I had seen one of the images before, just this morning, and realised he is on RedBubble, as I am. So I can add him to my watchlist. Thanks for the links.

Anders_HK

Interesting stuff, yes.

My assumption was that nominated finalist for the Hasselblad master award meant he used a Hassy MF. Pardon for incorrect posting in thus subforum. Per 'photo info' under gallery on his website it appears the photos were captured using a Canon 5D MkII and a Panasonic DMC-FZ50.

Regardless, what I do find inspitational is not only his processing of the images, but that his eye in doing so enabled to render the light and appearance of the light and light rays in many images as believable. His technique seems that of a painter in that aspect. Thus I believe in part this is why many images come across as paintery.

What seem evident per looking through his gallery is that his focus is using certain technique to create the appearance of light (rays), and that is what makes it appear as an effect because it is repeated in many images and thus not seem like could be made through natural light. It is also in many images rather exaggerated, thus making it dubvious that it would enable to capture in so many repeat images in forest etc.

Very impressive work. However I believe much of it is on processing side.

Regards
Anders

tsjanik

Interesting stuff, yes.

..Regardless, what I do find inspitational is not only his processing of the images, but that his eye in doing so enabled to render the light and appearance of the light and light rays in many images as believable. His technique seems that of a painter in that aspect. Thus I believe in part this is why many images come across as paintery.

What seem evident per looking through his gallery is that his focus is using certain technique to create the appearance of light (rays), and that is what makes it appear as an effect because it is repeated in many images and thus not seem like could be made through natural light. It is also in many images rather exaggerated, thus making it dubvious that it would enable to capture in so many repeat images in forest etc.

Very impressive work. However I believe much of it is on processing side.

Regards
Anders
Anders:

I came to the same conclusion and it prompted me to do a Google search for "God beams photoshop". There are a number of techniques to produce the effect. As impressive as most of his images are, I found a certain monotony in the You Tube video. He is very good at what he does, but is somewhat limited.

Tom