The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

digital back interface

jlm

Workshop Member
don't think i have seen this come up, but if one is setting up a new system with a tech camera and new back, there are several options.

comments on pros and cons? (other than compatibility with other systems one might have).

re some better connections mechanically, for example?

lance_schad

Workshop Member
My top mount recommendation right now if someone is starting from the beginning is the PhaseOne DF/Mamiya Mount.
It can attach to your tech cam via common adapter plate, it can also work on both the Phase One AF/DF bodies and also on the Mamiya RZ II Pro systems.
It can also be adapted to other systems. This is our most popular selling Mount.

If you are considering the Leaf Platform then you have some interesting options as well.
First you could go with the Leaf Aptus II 12R or 10R. These two models utilize the Hasselblad V- mount , but offer a unique feature. Their sensors rotated internally so you do not take your back off and physically rotate it.

Secondly, Leaf still offers their Afi mount. This mount allows the digital back to attach to the Afi/Hy6 medium format platform. Most technical cameras support this mount as well. The unique feature of this back is that the screen tilts for better viewing angles.

Hope this helps.

Lance

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I confess that if I were ONLY looking for a technical camera solution the Leaf with AFI mount backs would be at the top of the list. Rotating sensors & tilt screens make for an ideal imaging platform for these types of cameras. I'm intrigued by what Leaf have waiting in the wings regarding software to complement the IQ backs.