The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hand Strap for P1 DF645?

Henry Goh

I need a hand strap for my camera but I'm using Kirk's L bracket so there's no slot to hold the strap. Anyone has a good suggestion for a hand strap? Thanks for sharing.

Henry

kdphotography

Henry,

The options I looked at are Phase One's L bracket (comes with hand-strap) and the RRS L bracket and their handstrap, sold separately on their site. The brackets are identical except you don't get the nice laser Phase One engraving.

I have somewhat mixed feelings as I'd like the ability to quickly (and easily) swap strap types, and the design of the wrist strap really precludes that. Kirk L brack has a wider portrait orientation clamp base and should be more stable, but it also blocks the cable release access and/or forces use of a spacer bar. RRS base is smaller in portrait orientation, but does not block the cable release. RRS L bracket does have a slot for a wrist strap. Forgot where I saw it, but you can actually get your strap in rare leather types, ostrich knee, alligator, etc. (while we're spending money, right?) :D

mvirtue

Camadapter does the handstraps for RRS, and they do have some pretty funky leather/leatherette choices. I'm currently using the Camadapter Arca L plate with their handstrap.