The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ battery recommendation?

schuster

What battery do you recommend for camera-independent IQ backs (Hasselblad V, view camera, etc.)?

goesbang

I'm not sure what you mean. The Phase One IQ backs all have an internal battery chamber which houses a 7.2v video camera type battery. You can get these from any Phase One dealer.
The IQ backs are, as Phase backs have pretty much always been, camera independent. It's part of the "open platform" thing.
Cheers,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Phase and Leaf backs are powered from their own battery power source, so need nothing else when attached to a tech cam. Newer Hassy backs are powered by the camera body, so require a special external power adapter when used on a tech cam.

schuster

The Phase One IQ backs all have an internal battery chamber which houses a 7.2v video camera type battery. You can get these from any Phase One dealer.
Googling "7.2v video camera battery" brings up a wide variety of shapes, sizes and milliampere-hour ratings.

If I'm at a location where I need a new battery to replace one that was misplaced, dead, etc., and a Phase One dealer is not nearby, but there are stores that carry consumer electronics and photo supplies... what should I look for?

schuster

Phase and Leaf backs are powered from their own battery power source, so need nothing else when attached to a tech cam. Newer Hassy backs are powered by the camera body, so require a special external power adapter when used on a tech cam.
This will be on a Hasselblad 503CW.

etrump

Googling "7.2v video camera battery" brings up a wide variety of shapes, sizes and milliampere-hour ratings.

If I'm at a location where I need a new battery to replace one that was misplaced, dead, etc., and a Phase One dealer is not nearby, but there are stores that carry consumer electronics and photo supplies... what should I look for?
It is a canon video camera battery, not sure of the model number. There tough to find with 2600mha so get a few extra from your dealer before you go.

lance_schad

Workshop Member

Here is the Canon equivalent: Canon BP 915 (get as close to 2600 mAh) as possible.

Hope this helps.

Lance

BANKER1

Jack,

The Hasselblad CFV uses a battery attached to the bottom of the back. The back uses a Sony battery, model NP-F570 (the smallest of three sizes). They are easily obtained on line, and I would presume at a well stocked electronic store. They include an adapter with the CFV back for the EL cameras since the camera blocks the battery compartment without it.

Just checked Best Buy. $65.99

Greg

Last edited:

Kai Birkigt

Even if a Phase One dealer is nearby. Order ten e.g. here and you are fine.

Same with Firewire cables. My dealer wants 100 bucks. With a 25 % rebate still 75... :toocool:

Bought them at Amazon for 6,75.

Best
-Kai

Digitalcameraman

Thanks Lance, that's very helpful. I couldn't find a BP 915 battery higher than 1500 mAh on-line. What battery comes with the IQ backs?

The one thing you need to be very careful about is the milliamp rating. 1500 will provide less battery life, less shots than a 2600 Milliamp battery.

Although we have tested some generic batteries and they do work, I found several issues at hand.

The tooling in some of the batteries I have bought fit the P1 backs, including IQ series but on many P backs, the battery was so loose in the mount, it would fall out and needed a piece of tape to hold it in.

I also never liked that the battery was light grey in color and everything else is black, that could be more personal.

And there is no question that I found the Phase One supplied batteries cannot be sourced as they must have them made for their spec. I spent a lot of time trying to find that and original OEM parts they supply and found very little ways to buy those myself in the US.

What it really comes down to is do not cut any corners on the sole power source for your IQ back or any other portable backs, that is the least expensive part of the equation.

Sincerely,

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager, Florida
Capture Integration
http://www.captureintegration.com

2010 Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Mamiya, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

404.522.7662 Atlanta
305.350.9900 Miami
877.217.9870 National
813.335.2473 Cell

Subscribe to our RSS Feed