The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S2 - Color profile

xpixel

In the owners section of Leica S2 you can now download a brandnew ICC profile for the S2.

from the PDF description:

The LEICA S2 raw data format complies with the specifications in the ADOBE DNG 1.3.0.0 standard (June 2009). This enables DNG-compatible raw data converters to be used in your photo workflow. As a result, products such as Capture One 6 from Phase One can be used. To improve the color characteristics of the Leica S2 data, we now offer an ICC color profile, which has been specially developed for the LEICA S2.

Works perfect in Capture One 6...:)))

Although I no longer use Capture One, it is good to know Leica is making this profile available for those that want to use raw converters other than LightRoom. In fact, it should work for LightRoom as well, so I wonder if it is any better that the existing profile in LR3. I will have to check it out this evening.

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Mark, it does not appear that this profile will work with LR3 or ACR...

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are delighted to announce that a S2 color profile for ICC based workflow software will be available for download from now on.

The LEICA S2 raw data format complies with the specifications in the ADOBE DNG 1.1.0.0 standard (June 2009). This enables DNG-compatible raw data converters to be used for processing LEICA S2 DNGs.

As a result, products such as Capture One 6 from Phase One can be used.

To improve the color characteristics of the Leica S2 data, we now offer an ICC color profile, which has been specially developed for the LEICA S2.

Please note that Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw do not support this profile.

A special "Adobe Standard" LEICA S2 DNG color profile is integrated into the software and is used automatically.

For registered S customers, the color profile and installation instructions are available for download in the owners area: https://owners.leica-camera.com/index.php/de/login

-Leica Internet Team

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Chatted with Leica today this will be available to the public in a few days and also I will be running a new S2 review with the new CS lenses coming soon. Stay tuned for all that to come.

This is good news as some folks like me are not thrilled with LR at all. This does open up some doors.

Thanks for clearing that up David. I had not received that info from Leica. I did download the profile a few minutes ago, but haven't had a chance to try it. You saved me from some aggravation trying to make it work with LR3.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
You've got to love how Adobe talks out of one side of their mouth concerning adhering to "standards" and doesn't support the use of arbitrary ICC profiles for image processing.

It's one of the best parts of Capture One. Very glad to see Leica provide a true manufacturer provided ICC profile! Very smart move!

Guy Mancuso

Agree Doug. Honestly this held me back when making decisions on what I wanted. This is a very smart move .

fotografz

Well, this gave me a reason to upgrade to C1 Pro 6, which is on special @ 30% off for a few more days.

Loaded a few S2 shots and it initially looks pretty good ... now I have to get better at C1 workflow.

Now that C1 sees the S2 files, does that mean we can use C1 tether functions?

-Marc

Guy Mancuso

I will be there and no you will not be shunned at all. CI does sell Leica. LOL
Love to see you and I will have a IQ 180 in hand to look at. I'm out promoting GetDPI forum and workshops.

woodyspedden

Well, this gave me a reason to upgrade to C1 Pro 6, which is on special @ 30% off for a few more days.

Loaded a few S2 shots and it initially looks pretty good ... now I have to get better at C1 workflow.

Now that C1 sees the S2 files, does that mean we can use C1 tether functions?

-Marc
Marc

Did you find a way to set the S2 ICC profile as the default? I just started playing with it and have to reset it for every image. Pain in the a$$

Thanks in advance for responding

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Woody you can copy from one image and select all and apply to all images. One workaround if needed

xpixel

Marc

Did you find a way to set the S2 ICC profile as the default? I just started playing with it and have to reset it for every image. Pain in the a$$

Thanks in advance for responding

Woody

On a Mac you can copy the S2 ICC (.icm file) profile to Frameworks - AppCore.framework - Versions - A - Resources - Profiles - Input and rename it to GenericDngFile-Neutral.icm then all S2 files will be S2 default with the new profile.

woodyspedden

On a Mac you can copy the S2 ICC (.icm file) profile to Frameworks - AppCore.framework - Versions - A - Resources - Profiles - Input and rename it to GenericDngFile-Neutral.icm then all S2 files will be S2 default with the new profile.
Thanks Guy and Xpixel

Very helpful

Woody

woodyspedden

I wanted to use this but in the folder "Frameworks" there was no folder appcore.frameworks. Am I doing something wrong?

Woody

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I wanted to use this but in the folder "Frameworks" there was no folder appcore.frameworks. Am I doing something wrong?

Woody
Go to Applications...Rt click on Capture One - Show contents....start the Framework string there....

Bob

woodyspedden

Go to Applications...Rt click on Capture One - Show contents....start the Framework string there....

Bob
Thanks Bob

I found it as you described. Too many "frameworks" in the machine to get the right one easily.

so I did end up with the correct file, named correctly, in the correct folder. However now when I open a folder of S2 images the profile is blank. I have to go select the one I want. So I am still lacking something I need to do.

If you have the answer, please let me know

Best regards

Woody

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Woody,

I am at a loss for that one...when I open C1 the renamed DNG Generic is up for all of my S2 shots...if I click on the profile I am given the choice of selecting the old one or an unrenamed S2 profile.

Perhaps reinstalling C1 will make a difference...I had to install the S2 profiles a couple of times in Library Colorsync before they were seen.

I renamed the original DNG Generic as DNG File Neutral2...making the S2 as DNG File Neutral.

Hope someone else has an easy solution...mine seems to work at the present time...I did install the newest 6.2.1 update.

Bob