The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar 54m back and Captureshop 5.6.1

S

sjp

Hi,

Don't know if anyone out there can help me becuase it seems Sinar can't!

I have been using a Sinar 54m for about 3/4 years now with a sinarcam2 and have been using Captureshop from 5.3 and have updated several times with no problem.

Now, at the beginning of the week I downloaded and installed 5.6.1

When I tried to open captureshop it started to download the firmware as it said it would, however the script on the screen saying installing 54m firmware would stay on for 1 to 2 minutes then go off, then appear again, then off again and kept going round in this cycle for an hour.

I tried another back which I know works ok and it did the same thing.

I even tried erasing the mac and doing a fresh install of OSX 10.4.11 made sure there was firmware on the back from another computer then loaded the old 5.3 thinking it should work. However when I launched the program it came up with the script again saying "installing 54m firmware" and keeps going round in its cycle!

Sinar say it's a Mac problem, but seems strange I've never had problems until I uploaded the new software??

I am running 4 x 2.5 Ghz PowerPC G5 with 4.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot get the camera to connect whatever I try!!

T

thsinar

Dear sjp,

could you please PM me your email contact? I don't know who you have contacted at Sinar. I know OSX having had a bug which was fixed by Apple with a newer version, however I don't remember which version of the OS was concerned.

Anyway, there should be a workaround, even if it means updating your OS.

Let me know your contact.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi,

Don't know if anyone out there can help me becuase it seems Sinar can't!

I have been using a Sinar 54m for about 3/4 years now with a sinarcam2 and have been using Captureshop from 5.3 and have updated several times with no problem.

Now, at the beginning of the week I downloaded and installed 5.6.1

When I tried to open captureshop it started to download the firmware as it said it would, however the script on the screen saying installing 54m firmware would stay on for 1 to 2 minutes then go off, then appear again, then off again and kept going round in this cycle for an hour.

I tried another back which I know works ok and it did the same thing.

I even tried erasing the mac and doing a fresh install of OSX 10.4.11 made sure there was firmware on the back from another computer then loaded the old 5.3 thinking it should work. However when I launched the program it came up with the script again saying "installing 54m firmware" and keeps going round in its cycle!

Sinar say it's a Mac problem, but seems strange I've never had problems until I uploaded the new software??

I am running 4 x 2.5 Ghz PowerPC G5 with 4.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot get the camera to connect whatever I try!!

David K

Workshop Member
sjp,
I'm a Sinar user myself and without knowing anything about your problem I'll wager that they help resolve your issue and quickly, to boot. My experience with Sinar support is excellent, and they're a nice bunch of guys as well. When I experienced difficulty getting in touch with Rollei I asked for their assistance and got it immediately and with positive results. Anyway, let us know how you make out. I hope you get it resolved promptly.

T

thsinar

Update to this issue:

I have contacted our tech dpt. and asked about such a case. They have effectively one single customer having contacted them directly with this particular issue and have tried to reproduce the problem in lab without being able to.

The case has since been taken care by our local distributor who has tried to organize a meeting with the customer to check the issue in situ: unfortunately, this customer did answer that he does not have time currently.

"sjp": if you are this customer, could you please contact our distributor and make an appointment that they are able to check and address this issue?

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry