The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are any IQ180s arriving?

tashley

Subscriber Member
I know from another thread here that I'm not alone in the uk in feeling like supply (and news) has dried up, having originally expected a May delivery. Is anyone else getting stock? It seems after the first batch arrived to Michael Reichman, Jack, and a few others, it's all gone rather quiet... I wonder whether some of the LCC/loose fitting/LCD display issues that people have raised might have anything to do with it? The launch seems to have gone very well otherwise. Possibly they are just swamped with demand, or maybe they are waiting for the new FW that delivers the balance of the original spec?

Any thoughts?

Tim

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Have not heard that any of the previously mentioned issues were widespread except for those posted here.

The LCC issue is one that can be corrected in Capture One for now, can it improve, most likely. It seems to be an issue with certain lenses not designed by Phase One used on technical cameras, so RD has to find workarounds. In the past they have done a great job with Pattern noise suppression and other LCC fixes.. Will it be addressed further , I am sure, does it affect everyone, no.

The loose fitting of some IQ's to adapters/cameras, from my personal experience is not widespread the ones I have tried all fit snug, then there are few here who say it was loose, then they weren't. Have I experienced loose cover plates on all Phase One backs at one time or another , yes, but I attribute that to the design of the protective covers with some of the screws coming loose.

The LCD display is fine, it is just that some files that require extreme processing to render a perfect preview is not 100%, does that affect everyone no, just a small portion that actually have pushed files to extremes. In normal everyday use it works excellent.

It is probably the delay is caused by filling demand, they may have started a little behind, and are just playing catch up. Also sometimes units do get caught in customs and transit.

What has your local UK dealer told you.

We are receiving units weekly, but not nearly enough to satisfy all of our demand.

Sorry we can't give firm dates, but all I can say is soon.

Lance

Last edited:

Terry

Tim I got notice last week that mine was invoiced from Denmark to be arriving to the dealer in the next few days. So, I'm expecting the call at any moment that it has arrived at the dealer.

Tim Ernst

I got mine a week ago - but it was delayed on purpose by Phase One because I was trading in a lowly P-45+ back - I got skipped over in line in favor of other folks who were trading in P-65+ backs (who had ordered later than me) because, as the Phase rep put it, there was a higher demand for resale of the more costly backs. Needless to say I was pissed, and thankfully my dealer went to bat for me and got my back delivered (Paul at Optechs - oops, that reminds me - I guess I had better pay Paul for it now!). FYI, the fit on my back is fine on both my Mamiya and Alpa bodies so I am a happy camper.

rupho

Here in Hong Kong the first IQ180 got finally delivered. I placed my order back in March.
I was told the next one would only come in July!
Both my P65+ Alpa fitting and the new back are a bit loose compared to the DF body
I guess I am going to write them since since I am not sure who "to blame"

kdphotography

Tim,

I received word that my IQ180 was on its way from Denmark just over a week ago. I think mine got held up in customs, so just waiting for the word hopefully this week...

ken

Last edited:
G

Googaliser

Have not heard that any of the previously mentioned issues were widespread except for those posted here.

The LCC issue is one that can be corrected in Capture One for now, can it improve, most likely. It seems to be an issue with certain lenses not designed by Phase One used on technical cameras, so RD has to find workarounds. In the past they have done a great job with Pattern noise suppression and other LCC fixes.. Will it be addressed further , I am sure, does it affect everyone, no.

The loose fitting of some IQ's to adapters/cameras, from my personal experience is not widespread the ones I have tried all fit snug, then there are few here who say it was loose, then they weren't. Have I experienced loose cover plates on all Phase One backs at one time or another , yes, but I attribute that to the design of the protective covers with some of the screws coming loose.

The LCD display is fine, it is just that some files that require extreme processing to render a perfect preview is not 100%, does that affect everyone no, just a small portion that actually have pushed files to extremes. In normal everyday use it works excellent.

It is probably the delay is caused by filling demand, they may have started a little behind, and are just playing catch up. Also sometimes units do get caught in customs and transit.

What has your local UK dealer told you.

We are receiving units weekly, but not nearly enough to satisfy all of our demand.

Sorry we can't give firm dates, but all I can say is soon.

Lance
Hi Lance,

"We are receiving units weekly"

Just curious - are you able to qualify that statement with a number ?

Otherwise, I detect a distinct whiff of marketing hyperbole here.

"It is probably the delay is caused by filling demand, they may have started a little behind, and are just playing catch up. Also sometimes units do get caught in customs and transit."

Come on Lance - the utility of this information is insultingly low. It sounds like you have no more information that the end-users. Thanks for trying though, it is admittedly more than I have had from my dealer....................... :loco:

Last edited:

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Hi Lance,

"We are receiving units weekly"

Just curious - are you able to qualify that statement with a number ?

Otherwise, I detect an distinct whiff of marketing hyperbole here.

"It is probably the delay is caused by filling demand, they may have started a little behind, and are just playing catch up. Also sometimes units do get caught in customs and transit."

Come on Lance - the informational value here is almost insultingly low. Thanks for trying though :loco:
Does it really matter if it is 1 or 100, it is not enough to fill supply.

Please bear in mind the logistics here that Phase One is dealing with, upgrades, trade-ins, buy-now's. All orders are shipped from Denmark and pre-assigned prior to shipping.
They have 13 reseller partners here in the US and many more world wide.

It seems from the posts here that more and more members are receiving theirs. The best bet is to keep in contact with your dealer as they are the ones that can work closely with Phase One to track or expedite in certain circumstances (ie: travel or job deadline).

Sorry I cannot be more specific with numbers.

Lance

G

Googaliser

''Does it really matter if it is 1 or 100, it is not enough to fill supply. "

To be honest - yes it does - to the extent it is valuable information that adds something to the collective knowledge of this forum as opposed to a poor 101 in economic theory !

Fine if you prefer not to disclose this information, it will be discounted accordingly.

M

mvirtue

There are a number of resellers on this board. If Lance put those numbers out there, he'd put his organization at a dis-advantage. I'd bet that Doug or Steve would write the exact same sentence that Lance did.

Kirmo

Still waiting news about my IQ180. It's an upgrade from p65+. There can't be any delays for customs. As most Europe is in EU. Like Denamrk, UK and Finland. Also my dealer can't tell me anything extra. I made the order in february.

Kirmo

tashley

Subscriber Member
Thanks for all the responses everyone, really useful. Looking on the bright side I guess it gives those of us in the middle of the queue a window of opportunity to see which if any of the initial problems are real or widespread and maybe even to get the chance to hear someone else's experience with our favourite lenses on the new back... Another week or three and we might even get to know what we're really going to see from live view.

Better informed is good, even for those with very itchy fingers!

Tim

Ps Doug, any news yet on your 35xl tests?
;-)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Tim I am with Doug right now and helped him with his test yesterday. His plan was to process tomorrow. Lenses used Schnieder 28, 35, 43, 60 and Rodie 70. Not sure when he will get everything posted but the images are in the can as they say

tashley

Subscriber Member
Tim I am with Doug right now and helped him with his test yesterday. His plan was to process tomorrow. Lenses used Schnieder 28, 35, 43, 60 and Rodie 70. Not sure when he will get everything posted but the images are in the can as they say
Brilliant! Thank you!

Any first thoughts on the 35xl? It's my bread and butter lens on the 65+, and probably the most perfectly neutral lens I know...

alan_w_george

My status...

Upgrading from P65+, Phase/Mamiya mount, pulled the trigger on a IQ180 on 2/7. I've been told (~ 2 weeks ago) mid to late June, but probably before July. I think my dealer likes to surprise with good/early delivery news, so maybe next week, but who really knows. In the meantime, the P65+ is no slouch:)