The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are any IQ180s arriving?

tashley

Subscriber Member
I spoke to my dealer yesterday to ask about the terms to switch my order from a 180 to a 160 (which I don't think I'll do but it may be possible) and he said that I was second in the queue and that the first person had already got theirs but that Phase were not currently being very forthcoming about when the next units would appear.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I sent the email to order mine on Jan. 25th at 11:45 am and to a reply confirming the order at 12:19. not sure when my dealer actually put it through but assuming pretty close to that time. I'm headed on a shoot to moab(I only get a chance to travel like this a few times a year) and my dealer is working hard to get my back. I know I ordered it pretty early and based on those receiving backs already I'm a little surprised mine hasn't arrived. But I know several of you were probably able to pre-order the back before it was actually announced .. wondering if Phase has even shipped to all of them.

Curious as to when those who have received the backs placed their order ...

G

gmerrell

I ordered my 180 on January 24th as early in the am as I could from Capture Integration. I received it June 4th. Steve Hendrix and Doug Peterson at CI were great at keeping me up to date.

Greg

Tim Ernst

I ordered mine on January 24th and it arrived June 2nd. Phase One tried to skip over my order in favor of others who were trading in P65s (a dirty trick on their part - my trade in was a lowly P45+ but Phase One said the demand was higher for P65s so they were going to ship those orders first, even yhough I was ahead in line). My dealer (Paul at Optechs) went to bat for me and got mine back on track and I had it within a couple of days - I was thrilled he was able to right the wrong that Phase One had done. It does seem that some folks are getting theirs ahead of other folks who ordered theirs sooner - same deal with the special Phase One daypacks - not everyone got one. Phase is playing favorites and it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
On the backpacks . Each dealer was asked by Phase for ten names of there customers. So each dealer submitted there customers names for the backpacks.

On allocation it's sort of a mixed bag on how that works and no one has a real answer. In the past those that bought brand new got ahead of everyone else and than the upgrades. How it is working now not even the dealers know for sure. I know I asked and I usually get answers but I don't think it is anything sinister in practice but more organizing theses orders as the upgrades usually go by the serial number of your current back at least they are tied to that number. How they get distributed is a guess

Tim Ernst

..the upgrades usually go by the serial number of your current back..

Mine was one of the very first P45+ backs ordered more than four years ago - not sure if that put me at the head of the line for a trade in or the end of the line but that really should not matter - Phase was not up front on this delivery stuff and I think a number of folks are feeling that crunch now.

Not all dealers were allowed to participate in the free backpack deal. It is a good-old-boy network and it really should not be - that sort of stuff is for used car dealers...