The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 150mm 2.8 D - Available where?

schweikert

So Guy you mention on a LL for sale post you have the new Mamiya 150 coming in soon. Where did you get it and what is the price? And why the hell is this gear so mysterious?

I think I could find a unicorn easier than new Mamiya gear. If it's for sale, why don't the main players (sellers) have info on it?

lance_schad

Workshop Member
So Guy you mention on a LL for sale post you have the new Mamiya 150 coming in soon. Where did you get it and what is the price? And why the hell is this gear so mysterious?

I think I could find a unicorn easier than new Mamiya gear. If it's for sale, why don't the main players (sellers) have info on it?
He was early on our list and got it from us at CI. We filled a few orders already of people who pre-ordered.
Looked nice, but did not have my PhaseOne645AF or Mamiya systems to test. So Bob and Guy let us know what you think.
Contact if interested they are on extreme allocation.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Mine should be home when I get there on Tuesday. Can't wait to get this lens and yes folks over 3k for it.

Lance and CI seem the first to get 2 copies of this lens

ddanois

I've reserved one also. After two weeks of travel with my new Phase One system and over 700 exposures, I can't wait to expand my lens kit. The new 80mm is FANTASTIC! Sharp edge-to-edge and great color. I can only hope that the new 150 2.8 is as great.

Is there an further news on the timing of new Mamiya lenses (Like 45-90)? I really need a solid wide angle but I'm not convinced that the new 28mm is as good as the price suggests.

Anyone have any thoughts on sharpest wide available today?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From my testing, the 55/2.8 is essentially as good as the 80. The 45 still very good, but slightly soft corners at the wider apertures. The 35 is also very good centrally to about 3/4 out, but does fall off a bit near the edges.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Is there an further news on the timing of new Mamiya lenses (Like 45-90)? I really need a solid wide angle but I'm not convinced that the new 28mm is as good as the price suggests.
The 45-90 is delayed until early next year as there still some issues to be worked out with one of the ASPH elements. I'm hoping there will be a sample of the lens at Photokina so I can try it out.

David

rweissman

Have you compared the current non-D 80mm with the new D version? Is it worth the upgrade?

I've reserved one also. After two weeks of travel with my new Phase One system and over 700 exposures, I can't wait to expand my lens kit. The new 80mm is FANTASTIC! Sharp edge-to-edge and great color. I can only hope that the new 150 2.8 is as great.

ddanois

Actually, I did have a non-D 80mm with me as it was given to me by a friend. No special reason to have it on the trip other than it was in the bag. In any event, I did try each just for kicks. IMO, the new D version has a drawing advantage. Don't quite know how to quantify it but the images looked better to my eye with the new D version.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Mine arrived in Phoenix but i am still in New York. leave tomorrow for home but first Bruce Springsten tonight at Giant stadium.