The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ backs and Firewire on Windows?

narikin

Narikin,

Have you checked which driver Windows is using for the back? I am using version 1.61.0.45360 dated 1/5/2011. If you are not using that version you may want to update or do a complete clean re-install of C1.

Victor
same version. the back comes up in Device Manager fine, and shows the driver as working ok, its C1 that can't connect to it.

I am very annoyed about all this, as I had a perfect working solution with the P65+, and not anymore.

Last edited:

narikin

FIXED!

Doug at CI got the answer: the back was set to 'CF card only' in the Storage Mode, rather than 'Auto' Once it was reset to that, everything fine. Both PC's and the Mac.

Thanks to all for the group think answer.

I now have a surplus of perfect Firewire 800 cards, if anyone wants one!

vjbelle

FIXED!

Doug at CI got the answer: the back was set to 'CF card only' in the Storage Mode, rather than 'Auto' Once it was reset to that, everything fine. Both PC's and the Mac.
You know its really nice to have a smart tech hanging around! Kudos to Doug for checking the BASICS and coming up with a solution. Glad it all worked out for you.

Victor

narikin

Yes true. I am kind of surprised that Capture One can't tell the back is set to CF storage, and give a specific alert, rather than a generic 'Camera Error', which leaves you fumbling in the dark.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Yes true. I am kind of surprised that Capture One can't tell the back is set to CF storage, and give a specific alert, rather than a generic 'Camera Error', which leaves you fumbling in the dark.
Very true. It also does not give an error message when you plug in a Canon/Nikon but are running the DB (digital-back only / free) version of Capture One. Rather than popping up an alert that says "you need the pro version to use Canon/Nikon/Leica/Sony/etc" it simply doesn't connect.

I hope this will be changed in the future.

Fortunately once you've had this happen once (or read it once) it's very unlikely to trip you up again.

Still, for all the suggestions I have for them I'd much rather tether to and process in Capture One than any other software. So you do have to give them kudos for that. The worst part is the overall very high-level of performance makes the small things like this all the more frustrating!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off