The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Information Alpa Switzerland & Thierry Hagenauer

Thierry

Dear All,

I would like to inform you that I will be again active on this forum and some others from now on, officially for the Alpa brand of cameras and accessories based in Zürich, Switzerland.

Thomas Weber from Alpa and his wife Ursula got in touch with me a few months ago, and we met then in Zürich where Thomas asked me if I would accept to be their ambassador on the forums. I felt very honored by this proposal, and obviously accepted to speak about such a mythic brand and such wonderfully built technical cameras, lenses and accessories.

You may understand that I won’t give anymore any information or advice concerning Sinar products.

I would like also to point out that I do not have any special agenda on this discussion forum but to try to speak honestly about the products I am now representing and using, without deforming or giving wrong information. It is not at all my intention to denigrate or speak down in any way other brands represented here.

Also, this is not my main occupation. Therefore don’t expect to get always an immediate answer or reaction.

I do not pretend to know all about Alpa, at this stage, and therefore would like to seek for understanding and patience if sometimes I need to get the information directly from my Alpa colleagues or elsewhere.

For those of you whishing to contact me directly, I am open to answer any direct email at my contact below.

Those who wish to have more information about my motivations to represent and speak about Alpa Switzerland can read it under following link:

http://tinyurl.com/6433oaf

All the best to all,

Thierry Hagenauer

Alpa Consultant
Neuhausen am Rheinfall

email: [email protected]

www.alpa.ch

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Thierry,

Welcome back to GetDPI and congratulations on hooking up with a great manufacturer! I am sure our membership will welcome your presence and regular contributions!

Cheers,

David K

Workshop Member
Welcome Theirry and good luck with your new position. Alpa is lucky to have an ambassador like you to represent them here. I have not forgotten the many times you helped me when I was shooting with my Sinar kit. Alpa fans are fortunate to have you here as a resource.

Greetings Thierry! Being somewhat remote from the superb service in Europe/US, these forums and the web are an incredible source of information. Looking forward to your contributions.

Paul

rhsu

Thierry,

Knowing Thomas and Ursula, they know how to "handle the best" - so you'll be well looked after. Congratulations... (although shame you left Sinar...)

Richard

Thierry

hi Richard,

If you know Ursula and Thomas, then you are certainly not without knowing what means having lunch or dinner with them: they are always after the best product for the enduser, but they have the same attitude when one has the chance to be invited for lunch. Only the best food and wines are on the table.
:thumbup:

Best regards
Thierry

Thierry,

Knowing Thomas and Ursula, they know how to "handle the best" - so you'll be well looked after. Congratulations... (although shame you left Sinar...)

Richard

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Welcome Thierry .

Sorry you were sailing in stormy waters right away , but I believe all serious guys here are happy to have you on board .

Now , as the water is flowing softly again , may I ask you to have a look here : http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27199&page=2
Post #86 .

I read the ALPA pages as well as the RODENSTOCK pages but could not find a definite statement about the usage of a CF for the DIGARON-W 40mm .

Any help ? ? ?
That lens is on the top of my shopping list and is still on stock .

Christopher

I have the 40 and don't have a CF, did not even know that there was one. I really think you don't need it. Only perhaps if you shift 12-15mm very often. Otherwise it is fine.

Thierry

Thanks Jürgen!
Welcome Thierry .
No, there isn't such a CF for the Rodenstock W 40 mm, according to Rodenstock it doesn't need one.
In case one still feels the need for it, there is always the possibiilty of doing a "White Shading"

Best regards
Thierry
I read the ALPA pages as well as the RODENSTOCK pages but could not find a definite statement about the usage of a CF for the DIGARON-W 40mm .

Any help ? ? ?
That lens is on the top of my shopping list and is still on stock .