The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Worth it to upgrade?

dmeckert

Hi all,

I've recently started using a MF digital system...an Aptus 22 on a Mamiya 645 AFD. Really liking it so far in limited use.

My question is relatively simple...

Is it worthwhile to spend the money upgrading the body to an AFDII or AFDIII?

of particular concern to me is the AF system...which i find to be truly lacking, since my other camera has nikon's top of the line AF, and almost never misses. i shoot mainly fashion/editorial type stuff...so it's not like i need or am trying to find a MF body with 51 point 3D tracking...just, more control and accuracy.

Cheers,
David :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Both are upgrades from your AFD re focusing, but the the AFD 3 is the best of those -- the DF is a full step better still.

dmeckert

thanks jack :)

i wish i could afford a DF, way outta budget. i'm soothing that lack of cash by saying i also may have the occasional film itch as well. :p