The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Deleted

• Thread starter Deleted member 7792
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7792

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The PhaseOne Solution 2 is essentially identical to Eclipse E2. P1 solution 1 is a soapy (messy) solution for really stubborn crud -- I have only ever used it on a filter and it took like 3 follow-ups with Solution 2 to get it all off, so be forewarned. You also got a packet of spatulas, and they work amazingly well with the PecPads wrapped over them for the wipe.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
the leaf wipes are better than the one that comes with the PhaseOne kit. I've found they can leave little fuzzies on the edge.

Also I use the supplied plastic spatula, but hold the wipe in such away that I can move it very slightly. After moistening it with solution b (don't use A unless you absolutely have to ... as Jack mentioned very hard to get it cleaned off) I will wipe the sensor, move the pad slightly and repeat. You can do this about 3 times easily, because you move it slightly no trapped particles to rub across the sensor.

Additionally get a bright very even LED flashlight and a good pair of high power reading glasses. With a MFDB, you don't need to take test shots to see if your sensor is clean, just hold the light across the sensor and look. Anything remains try puffiing it off with a bulb blower, if it doesn't come off, repeat the clean.

I've been doing this for a year and a half now, as demonstrated by Bill Atkinson at the first PODAS workshop. I often clean my back before heading out on every shoot ... just so easy to do.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks very much Jack, Wayne and Guy. I'm surprised no one mentioned E-Wipes. Maybe the methanol, and hence flammable warning on the package, scares people away. Plus, you can't have them in your carry-on bag on an airplane.
damn need to take mine out than for tomorrow. Thanks Joe