The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 645 AFDlll and leaf shutter?

Grayhand

I am in the process of converting my P45+ from V-mount to Mamiya 645 to use with a 645 AFDlll.
Was planing to keep my RZ67llD to be able to use my leaf shutter lenses in the studio to be able to play more flexible with the light. And to be able to use the bellow for easy macro photo.
But I read some where that it is possible to use the new leaf shutter lenses with the 645 AFDlll camera if it has the last firmware.

Maybe some one here can confirm or negate this?

Regards
Ray

kdphotography

I believe only the Mamiya DF or the Phase 645DF are the only current bodies able to use the new Schneider leaf shutter lenses. The latest DF body is a worthwhile upgrade over the previous AFDIII/Phase 645AF body.

ken

Grayhand

Thank`s for the answer Ken.
Positive thinking is nice, but does not always deliver what I hope for :rolleyes:
Ray

kdphotography

Um, how about "you can still use a filmback with the AFDIII/PhaseAF?"
Or, "that V-grip for the DF really isn't as nice as we all had hoped it would be?"

Just keeping positive... :D

ken

Grayhand

Yes, your first positive sentence is why I stay for now with the 645 AFDlll.
I don't want to lose the possibility to also shoot film with my camera.
Not better, but different :rolleyes: