The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica creates MF lens adapters for S2 body

archivue

Tee Leica S2 uses a Kodak chip 45mm by 30m... in it delivers 37,5 Mpix... so it's quite a hight density sensor... i'm not shure that M645 and Pentax 67 lenses will be good enought for it... and unfortunately there's no movements available... tilt, shift...

in my opinion, it's really useful !

Shashin

The S2 sensor is very similar to the Pentax 645D sensor. Some of the Pentax 67 lenses work well on the 645D. I think two getdpi members use Pentax 67 lenses on their S2--one is Dougg.

The really unfortunate thing is it is stop down metering/focusing. But I would image it would have been almost impossible to couple those lenses to the S2.

Does this mean Leica is doubtful of bring out more lenses? It is an interesting move for them.

P

Porpoise

Tee Leica S2 uses a Kodak chip 45mm by 30m... in it delivers 37,5 Mpix... so it's quite a hight density sensor... i'm not shure that M645 and Pentax 67 lenses will be good enought for it... and unfortunately there's no movements available... tilt, shift...

in my opinion, it's really useful !
Pixel size for Leica S2 and PhaseOne P65+/IQ160 is 6 micron. The IQ180 has 5.2 micron pixels. User reports seem to indicate that the IQ180 can give more resolution than the P65+ with at least some PhaseOne lenses. So these lenses should still be able to outresolve the S2 sensor.

David K

Workshop Member
Does this mean Leica is doubtful of bring out more lenses? It is an interesting move for them.
My thinking is that the adapter provides a less expensive alternative for those seeking to get into the S system. It also allows S2 shooters to use alternative lenses until Leica can meet the demand for it's lenses. I would not interpret this to mean that Leica will not continue to develop more lenses. But I do expect future lenses will be even more expensive than their existing lineup... which isn't cheap :)