The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to shoot decert in night with many starts on the sky?

C

carbonmetrictree

Evgeny, I had a gallery of images a few months ago with a technique I found to push Ilford 3200 film to an ASA 100,000. This might be useful for you if you do not want star movements, the images at ASA 100,000 developed with a combination of Xtol and Dektol separate developents resulted in a grain structure similar to 3200 pushed 1 stop. If I can find my developing times and dilution ratios, I'll send you a PM.

evgeny

Evgeny, I had a gallery of images a few months ago with a technique I found to push Ilford 3200 film to an ASA 100,000. This might be useful for you if you do not want star movements, the images at ASA 100,000 developed with a combination of Xtol and Dektol separate developents resulted in a grain structure similar to 3200 pushed 1 stop. If I can find my developing times and dilution ratios, I'll send you a PM.
Wow!
ASA 100,000, what ISO is it?
Thank :thumbup:

C

carbonmetrictree

It's ISO 100,000! I got it up to a million ISO, but the results are very sporatic. I have only one roll of film that was processed correctly. Even with 1/2 a degree off, the results at this amount of a push are pretty drastic. I'll PM you the info when I find it, I have to clean up my negatives and notes to locate it.

At a 1,000,000 ISO, specular highlights are really weird at night It almost looks like all of the lights have a halo effect, not like flare, but more like a "crown" around the light. If you've ever used an A and B solution for Lith, the grain structure is kind of like a lith development with Agfa 111 Classic.