The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Old and the New

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Show us your MF photos of change, shot from the same place, whether it be over years, months or days. Here's a pair to start. First is Rollei 1999, second is Phase 2011.

JonMo

And the old rotted boat was still there and more dilapidated 12 yrs later?
Wow.
Rather like the first image though.:)

malmac

Bill

Love the idea you have put forward.

Now off to search the records for a suitable pair of photos.

Cheers.

Mal

tsjanik

Bill:
An absolutely marvelous winter scene. I suspect only those who have experienced the Great Lakes in a winter storm can understand the conditions under which you took that shot.
Tom

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks Tom - yes, it was a little cool that day, to say nothing of the wind! I checked my weather station for that day, December 13th, and it was -11 Celsius with a wind speed of 85 kms/hr. Windchill was about -20C or -4 F.

And thanks Rob for your comment.

Bill

tsjanik

I liked Bill's set from the lakes. Here are two of Lake Erie. You will have to take my word that these images were taken at the same location, about 100 m from my house, as there are no identifying features. First with a Pentax 645N, 45-85mm and Provia around 2006; second with a 645D, 35mm, 2011. What a difference between seasonal appearences.

Tom

Last edited:
Bill and Tom, lovely images. I've walked on a glacier (in the summer in the alps) but never experienced that kind of cold, I can't imagine operating a camera.

Bill, do you sell prints?

Paul