My move from large format to Alpa tech has been one bumpy road for me, which, quite frankly is actually getting me down, I mean, it's making me truly miserable. I didn't expect so many problems. Anyway that's all another story.
I've a DM33 back (Leaf Aptus II 7) and it has been fine apart from one incompatibility with a CF card. I've used a DF body, 645N bellows, a variety of manual lenses and also used it with a Large Format field camera and all sorts of lenses, no problems whatsoever. I shot this back on a DF body about a week ago at a horse riding event with not one single issue. So the gear has been fine, batteries were fully charged a week ago.
Eventually after some weeks, I finally have an actual lens (kind of essential component) and an hour to spare so went out today to try it all out. A Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 90/5.6 + Alpa TC + DM33 back. It was fairly humid and breezy, by the coast.
I shot a few batches of images to be focus stacked:
- The images were meant to have some near and far details, foliage, shadows and highlights.
- Between the shots below nothing changed except focus.
- There were about 6-10s between each shot.
- Some problem shots were focused near, some far.
- The shutter was 1/8s however I noticed on the problematic images it shows 1/20s. This is the only concrete clue I have. The shutter seems fine, I wonder could this be a faulty release cable or PC terminal.
- It was too dark to test outside after downloading the images, testing indoors under flash (a good 50 shots) did not have a single problem with the same cable.
Has anyone seen anything like this before?