The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Protective Covering for LCD Screen

cerett

Are there any thoughts or recommendations regarding the use of a protective plastic covering on the DB LCD screen?

goesbang

I used a P25 for 6 years, dragging it all over the world on advertising and industrial shoots without a single scratch on the screen. My current P45+, P65+ and IQ180 backs have no scratches on the screens. I haven't had the Aptus 12 long enough to be sure, but so far so good. I can't speak for Blad or the others.

vjbelle

I went to my local ATT store and bought the screen protector for the Samsung phone. It is almost a perfect fit for the IQ180 (after cutting). Works like a charm.

Victor

goesbang

Useful tip for those who are concerned about this. Thank you.
I will be the control experiment - I'll run mine without a protector and report if I scratch it.

cheers,