The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question re: H2 Ixpress CFH 22 on Rollei 6008?

jdbfreeheel

Hi All,

I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone here can answer; sorry if it's considered "amateur or obvious but I'm trying to get a hard confirmation.

Can the Hasselblad H2 Ixpress 22mp CFH Digital Back be "reattached" to the Hasselblad Ixpress i-Adapter Kit for using Rollei 600X/AF Camera with Digital Back.

The reason I ask is because the H2 Ixpress 22mp CFH digital back seems to not use an external battery but rather the battery in the grip of the H2. Or am I completely off here?

Thanks,

Josh

fotografz

Hi All,

I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone here can answer; sorry if it's considered "amateur or obvious but I'm trying to get a hard confirmation.

Can the Hasselblad H2 Ixpress 22mp CFH Digital Back be "reattached" to the Hasselblad Ixpress i-Adapter Kit for using Rollei 600X/AF Camera with Digital Back.

The reason I ask is because the H2 Ixpress 22mp CFH digital back seems to not use an external battery but rather the battery in the grip of the H2. Or am I completely off here?

Thanks,

Josh
Hi Josh, not an amateur question at all.

All CFH backs are dedicated to their H mount cameras (that's what the "H" stands for) ... as opposed to Hasselblad CF backs which use a clip on battery, and a series of iAdapters for use on multiple other MF cameras.

So, the answer is no, you cannot adapt a CFH back to a Rollei 6000.

If your CFH back has "in" and "out" sync ports, it can be used on a technical camera (like a view camera, or ALPA, Horseman, etc. type camera) but needs to be tethered to a computer via the firewire ... no battery is required because the firewire connection provides the power.

I'll post a photo of what the technical camera set up looks like so you can look at the CFH back and see if it has the correct connections to use a tech camera.