The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One and Lion 10.7

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I picked up a Magic Trackpad for my Mac Pro which makes the jump to Lion absolutely worth the effort. Now if only Google will make Chrome gesture aware and Mozilla the same for Firefox.
:OT: but I agree about the gesture support in Chrome. You become very used to that in the latest Safari release as it works so well. I have some great extensions for Chrome that I use a lot and so im torn between Safari & Chrome at the moment because of this. I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.

Btw, did anyone hear anything new from Phase One about the CF card load problem with Safari & Capture One 6.x?

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
Good luck with LaCie. I have never seen a company with worse customer service. I have one of their monitors and it took over four months for them to upgrade so it would work with Snow Leopard. I installed Lion, same problem. I just sold the monitor cheap, and it is the last LaCie product I will ever buy. And i will tell everyone I can...

etrigan63

Not to derail the thread, but I hear you. I just read that the LaCie USB 3.0 card only recognizes LaCie drives. Useless. Thunderbolt will only become available on the next Mac Pro refresh, but I am not holding out hope for a Thunderbolt add on card for older Mac Pros. Sonnet makes a USB 3.0 card. I will have to ping them about Lion support.

Oh, and it turns out that one of my 2GB RAM sticks is flaky and so I have pulled them and put back the 1 GB sticks. So far. so good/ I will be calling OWC on Monday to have them checked. It turns out that neither the Apple Store Genius Bar nor CompUSA's Tech Center have a memory tester in their toolboxes anymore.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
The software companies that have not addressed updated operating systems are rapidly becoming suspect in my book.
As they should be. Any serious software shop will have their product ready on OS launch day, at least for beta (post-QA). For those of us who do software professionally anything else is rather amateurish.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
It turns out that neither the Apple Store Genius Bar nor CompUSA's Tech Center have a memory tester in their toolboxes anymore.
When my wife dropped off her 2010 13" MBP a few weeks ago to have the trackpad fixed the guy at the Genius Bar ran a memory test, so they definitely still have this for some models.

etrigan63

The Genius Bar runs software memory tests on the Mac itself. They don't have a device to physically test the memory sticks outside of the Mac. This decision was made due to the large number of MacBooks in circulation that are much harder to open than a Mac Pro tower.

faneuil

I crash on import from card and import from desktop folder.
Any workaround? Fix?
A few times I could import then went back to crashing.

Sucks.. because I get much better results from phase back when processed in C1 than LR.

Eric

Damn I'm in real trouble than. Good advice Doug but we are gear techno sluts that always want something new. I at least waited for a big project to be done but was really itching to instal it. I did and you guessed it C1 does not import from your CF cards. So where is the update bud. LOL

No patience and lead guinea pig.

The good news is we have you to save our proverbially butts.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

PeterL

I think you can still import directly from the card with the finder (i.e. do not use C1 to import). Just move the files directly to your destination, and then open with C1.

Cheers, -Peter

faneuil

BTW- and OT, I've been shooting with an S+ mode capable back for a few weeks now.
I adore it. I haven't shot with my Canon since and I think it is going to start collecting dust.

Eric