The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ Series Firmware 1.33 Released w/ Live View

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It is some previous "default" firmware, but it is one that is know to be relatively stable to get you through until you can re-load the current one...

J

jeffacme

On two occasions I have had the firmware crater on P1 backs. Both times the back was returned for service as it was completely dead but for the green and red light.

vjbelle

I am just initially into this but so far I find that for focus there just isn't enough detail. I repeat..... I'm just initially into this. BUT, it really is cool for composition. Finally I can get the camera into the right position using live view. I know that Guy would like to get rid of any extra stuff but a Disto and HPF rings are killer accurate!!.... and FAST!! More to come....

Victor

vjbelle

With my first try at 50% magnification on 150mm lens (and Schneider 6X7 Loupe) I was able to nail focus. It will take some practice but I'm convinced that it can be accomplished on a repeatable basis. The pixels are constantly changing but come into clear focus.... its just not the same as CMOS live view but can be used effectively. Its all very encouraging!

Victor

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I am just initially into this but so far I find that for focus there just isn't enough detail. I repeat..... I'm just initially into this. BUT, it really is cool for composition. Finally I can get the camera into the right position using live view. I know that Guy would like to get rid of any extra stuff but a Disto and HPF rings are killer accurate!!.... and FAST!! More to come....

Victor
Victor get into live view than tap to 100 percent and you can work that way also. Even on the DF I can see the change on the LCD as I focused it. Kind of cool.

I fully admit also I am not the biggest fan on this but I have to speak frankly too and I think that is a good thing to do. I honestly don't think anyone should buy this for this feature alone, too me that would be foolish. But with all the other tools on the back together is what makes it great. Now having said that I would buy just for the focus mask tool . Okay I'm crazy . Lol

yatlee

Talking about 4x loupe, this is what I have been using viewing the LCD screen on my P45+ and in most cases, focusing with GG on my sliding back. It covers the entire screen and its made out of soft plastic.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Is that a Hoodman loupe. The loupe makes sense to me the rest just not sure I would buy. To me a tech cam is like a Polaroid just shoot and adjust as needed. What I do today when I use one but the IQ just makes it all that much easier now

rhsu

Glad the LV is up and running. Looking forward to hear more users applying the LV. For those outside of the IQ circle, I find the Chinese knock off 4x loupe works well but like Guy mentioned above per "Polaroid... shoot and adjust..." and thus finding the latter quicker but certainly NO MATCH to the IQ LV.

BTW: Thierry, hope your reference to "sliding back" quote is not arTech... :p LOL!

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
The Hoodman loupe isn't a magnifier, but just a means to exclude light. It has a plus or minus three diopter adjustment, but no magnification. There's a 3x magnifying eyecup that can be attached: http://hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1017
wow ... you're right. no wonder it sucks! Always thought it was a magnifier and never could figure out why it was kinda worthless ... all the optics do is allow you to focus close up.

I guess it makes sense, it's intended use is allowing you to hold a camera up to your eye rather than holding it at arms length when composing and shooting ... actually works quite well on my NEX-5.

malmac

Uploadeded the new firmware for liveview.

I guess I assumed that liveview would be something like Canon - set the prefences, push the button, get live view.

The menu on the back all comes up like the images in the "White Paper", but then I get this screen view. The back takes images fine - but live view is just not happeneing.

I reloaded the firmware update - but same same.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Mal

G

geyerstudio

Need to press the movie icon than set on bulb and hold release down to open the shutter
To elaborate....the shutter needs to be open. On your view camera just open the shutter as if you are focusing on the ground glass. On the DF use bulb to hold it open. A cable release with lock is helpful if you want both hands free to focus and move around the image.

Also, if you can tether your back it is best as I've noticed this function drains the battery more quickly than general photography.

malmac

Thanks Guys

Finally got a image up on the Cambo - still have major colour issues - but it was hand held, the light here - night time at present - is not the best - so will pop on the tripod in the morning and give it a second run.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Mal

vjbelle

The Hoodman loupe isn't a magnifier, but just a means to exclude light. It has a plus or minus three diopter adjustment, but no magnification. There's a 3x magnifying eyecup that can be attached: http://hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1017
I tried the Hoodman for 5 minutes and packed it up and sent it back. There is a night and day difference between a Schneider 6X7 and any hoodman - even with the addition of their 3X magnifier.

Victor