The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rollei info needed

M

mjr

Hi Folks!

After a recent thread I started on here about buying into a Contax 645 kit, I have ended up buying a Rollei kit instead after being offered a deal I couldn't refuse!
I have called numerous dealers today and have a different story from each one. The model I have brought is the Rollei 6008 E Professional Integral, apparently it was brought in late 2005 and was never used so it's still in it's original packaging.
What I want to know is if it will take a digital back and also which one. I am quite happy learning and experimenting with film for now but it'd be nice to know if it can be used with a db in the future.

Thanks very much for any help or info.
Mat.

EH21

Hi,
I believe this camera will accept both Sinar backs and the Hasselblad/Imacon CF type backs with their respective rollei 6000 adapters. There may be others on the forum that can tell you more specifically what kind of cabling you'll need (flash sync to back plus ???). Graham? Steve? Thierry?

Eric

T

thsinar

hi Mat,

I can confirm that the Rolleiflex 6008 Integral does accept any current Sinarback and uses the same adapter as the Rolleiflex 6008 AF.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi Folks!

After a recent thread I started on here about buying into a Contax 645 kit, I have ended up buying a Rollei kit instead after being offered a deal I couldn't refuse!
I have called numerous dealers today and have a different story from each one. The model I have brought is the Rollei 6008 E Professional Integral, apparently it was brought in late 2005 and was never used so it's still in it's original packaging.
What I want to know is if it will take a digital back and also which one. I am quite happy learning and experimenting with film for now but it'd be nice to know if it can be used with a db in the future.

Thanks very much for any help or info.
Mat.

M

mjr

Thanks Eric and Thierry, great news, will check out the sinar backs here in the uk.
Cheers.
Mat

There may be others on the forum that can tell you more specifically what kind of cabling you'll need (flash sync to back plus ???). Eric
I'm using mine with an Imacon 132C, via adapter. You need the DIN-type cable if you want to use live view (as the computer software controls the camera), but for usual shooting the flash sync cable works fine; in fact I find it works better than the DIN.