The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ Firmware 1.33 and Image Orientation

vjbelle

Since I upgraded to firmware 1.33 the image displayed on the LCD screen stays in landscape orientation for all images until I do a cold boot. That fixes things until I do a normal power down and power on. To be clear an image taken in the portrait mode is displayed rotated 90 degrees to the right while the back is in Portrait orientation. I have my back set to AUTO for image orientation. Never had this problem before the upgrade. Is anyone else seeing this anomaly?

Victor

stephengilbert

Victor,

IQ 160 back, new FW, set at auto: photo taken in portrait appears correctly, when back is rotated, image rotates as well, i.e., appears upright as it should.

Steve

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Do a [Menu > Restore Defaults] and that should take care of it.

I've added a note about this to our Phase One IQ Firmware Update blog entry.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)

vjbelle

Do a [Menu > Restore Defaults] and that should take care of it.

I've added a note about this to our Phase One IQ Firmware Update blog entry.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)
No that does not resolve my issue. Images taken in portrait mode are displayed 90 degrees clockwise while the back is in portrait orientation. This occurs AFTER taping the screen to access magnification levels.

stephengilbert

Ah. After tapping the screen, mine does the same thing. Though the proper orientation returns if I go to Home and then Play.

vjbelle

Doug,

This is definitely an issue with my back and the new firmware. I reverted to 1.19 and there are no problems. This occurs when the back remains stationary in portrait mode - can be placed on a table. A portrait image is displayed in landscape orientation. I can rotate the back and the image will finally rotate out of landscape orientation but if it remains stationary in portrait position all images are displayed in landscape orientation - AFTER taping the screen to access magnification.

Victor

vjbelle

Ah. After tapping the screen, mine does the same thing. Though the proper orientation returns if I go to Home and then Play.
Its always good to know I'm not alone!! :) I cannot get back to normal without a cold boot. I've started a case with Phase. I'm sure they'll sort this out.

Victor

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
sorry guys in the middle of a whole bunch of computer stuff, so have not got a chance to see what my box is doing.

vjbelle

Guy,

This issue doesn't seem to be wide spread but does occur. All IQ users should check to see if they are affected. Regardless this is obviously a software issue that affects some backs and should be easily remedied by a FW fix.

Victor

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Well, while shooting today I had issues described. So I thought my back was fine, now it seems to be flakey at times with this issue.

Also noticed all of my files are "created" on some weird date in 1969 after importing them (using LR to import them and copy them to the computer not c1). Time is correct on the back, and capture time is correct in the metadata. Not sure if it's a problem with the back, a LR issue with the files from the back, or if maybe there's a weird thing going on with OS X 10.7

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. It seems like an intermittent issue then, so I'll keep my eyes on it as I shoot this week and report back.

PS: I'm in Ireland right now on vacation, so weather permitting, I hope to have some images to share later this week! Will be processing the IQ180 files on my newest travel computer, a 13" MacBook Air, so should have additional equipment reports forthcoming as well.

vjbelle

Well, while shooting today I had issues described. So I thought my back was fine, now it seems to be flakey at times with this issue.

Also noticed all of my files are "created" on some weird date in 1969 after importing them (using LR to import them and copy them to the computer not c1). Time is correct on the back, and capture time is correct in the metadata. Not sure if it's a problem with the back, a LR issue with the files from the back, or if maybe there's a weird thing going on with OS X 10.7
Wayne,

Please start a case with Phase. The more they hear of this issue the faster it will get resolved.

Victor

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Agree keep making these reports folks. I'm on vacation also but in awesome weather town San Diego. I'm escaping the heat of Arizona. Folks need me use email if you would. I will be doing a full report on the 160 and sensor plus. In a word awesome results.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I had the same or at least a related issue happen today. In my case, with the camera in portrait orientation if I make a capture it renders correctly. However, if I zoom in on a portrait image to 100% it sometimes -- not always -- rotates 90 degrees, then when I zoom back to full frame, it remains rotated 90 degrees. If I go out and then back via play, then it renders properly. Also interesting is, when I go out to home then back via play, it remains in proper orientation even when I zoom in and out of 100% -- weird and obviously a small glitch that needs to be addressed. Mine do import into C1 in their correct orientation as well.

stephengilbert

That sounds like what my back was doing. When I reloaded the FW, the problem stopped, and when I told Phase that the problem had stopped, they closed the case I'd opened about the problem.

vjbelle

I had the same or at least a related issue happen today. In my case, with the camera in portrait orientation if I make a capture it renders correctly. However, if I zoom in on a portrait image to 100% it sometimes -- not always -- rotates 90 degrees, then when I zoom back to full frame, it remains rotated 90 degrees. If I go out and then back via play, then it renders properly. Also interesting is, when I go out to home then back via play, it remains in proper orientation even when I zoom in and out of 100% -- weird and obviously a small glitch that needs to be addressed. Mine do import into C1 in their correct orientation as well.
Jack,

If I keep my back in portrait position the thumbnail will appear on the LCD correctly. If I tap the screen for magnification the image rotates to landscape orientation. It does this 100% of the time. This issue is strictly limited to the LCD display..... images imported into ACR or C1 are all in the correct position. Please let phase know of your issue. My case with them is ongoing.

Victor

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Victor, yes I had that same behavior yesterday, but not the day before. So at least in my case it appears to be intermittent. Moreover, it returns to normal correct behavior if I go out to the main menu and then back to play, and then does NOT rotate with the 100% tap...