The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ Firmware 1.33 and Image Orientation

stephengilbert

The fact that it's intermittent might make it harder for Phase to locate and fix the problem, but they still need to fix it.

vjbelle

Victor, yes I had that same behavior yesterday, but not the day before. So at least in my case it appears to be intermittent. Moreover, it returns to normal correct behavior if I go out to the main menu and then back to play, and then does NOT rotate with the 100% tap...
Phase One support has told me that Denmark is aware of this issue and that it will be addressed in the next firmware update. This should be in the very near future. Time will tell.......

Victor

kdphotography

I held off from updating my IQ180 firmware when Victor reporting having these issues. Not a big deal to me anyway since I'm using the Phase DF and not a tech camera---which means the LCD and focus mask tools carry the day for me. Regardless, nice to know Phase is working on it, and I'll wait to update my firmware until then.

ken

vjbelle

I held off from updating my IQ180 firmware when Victor reporting having these issues. Not a big deal to me anyway since I'm using the Phase DF and not a tech camera---which means the LCD and focus mask tools carry the day for me. Regardless, nice to know Phase is working on it, and I'll wait to update my firmware until then.

ken
Ken,

I would still upgrade...... you can always revert back to 1.19 - a very easy process which takes about 15 seconds. Even using the DF (which I don't use very often) you will find that live view can greatly improve focus accuracy. Of course, this is for stationary objects which may or may not apply in your situation. I was surprised at how far off some of my targets were with the DF. Auto Focus got me close and live view nailed it. You just gotta have lots, and lots of batteries.:p

Victor

cly

Will be processing the IQ180 files on my newest travel computer, a 13" MacBook Air, so should have additional equipment reports forthcoming as well.
Jack, this is OT and the wrong place in the forum as it's computer hardware but could you give a very short summary of your experience with the MPA when using C1? Could it replace a MBP17?

Thank you!

Chris

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, this is OT and the wrong place in the forum as it's computer hardware but could you give a very short summary of your experience with the MPA when using C1? Could it replace a MBP17?

Thank you!

Chris
Nah, it's fine to discuss it here too. It actually works pretty well. I only process out one at a time and then things keep running pretty smoothly. The biggest downside to the Air is no FW port, so you cannot tether -- at least until we see an operable Thunderbolt to FW800 adapter :(