The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Circle of Confusion and current MFDBs

dick

RAGs does agree with your calculation of .08m dof for, H4D-60, F11, 62mm focal length (equivalent to 20mm on GH1)... perhaps it is based on the usual myth that all photographs are printed to A4 and viewed at arm's length, or some such nonsense? Some people buy hi-res cameras because they want hi-res pictures, to stand close scrutiny when printed at 360 original camera pixels per print inch?

Yes, great, Barnak says that at f1.7, 20mm @ 2m, a GH1 has one and a half as much DOF as my H4D-60 has at f8 at the same field of view! ...and at f11 the Hasselblad has the same dof.

I have a GH2, I do not know how different it would be. I do use both cameras for the same job - dancing girls and gymnasts, pictures at rosalindcaplisdanceacademy soon.
It does? Using the 35mm film CoC reference and these numbers I get DoF for the GH1 = 0.5m and for the H4D = 7.3m. Using the 2 pixel width reference, I get DoF for the GH1 = 0.3m and for the H4D = 0.8m.

f8orbust

Sorry Dick, my bad - didn't match the angles of view. Results should be:

GH1 20mm @ f1.8 @ 2m = 0.5m DoF / 0.3m DoF (0.030 / 2 Pixel width CoC respectively)

H4D-60 62mm @ f8 @ 2m = 0.8m DoF / 0.2m DoF (0.030 / 2 Pixel width CoC respectively)