The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Will the Aptus 65S play nice with an RZ67 Pro

ghoonk

I'm currently shooting a AFD II with 65S back and was thinking of using that back on my Mamiya RZ67 Pro (not the Pro II or the Pro IID).

Do you guys have any idea what it would take for the 65S to be used with the Pro? I'm guessing an adapter plate with sync cable and a focusing screen mask?

Is this something that is readily available?

ghoonk

Great - I've been quoted 1100 Euros for the adapter. I'm looking around for used/refurb units. Will check around - 1100 Euros seems a bit much for an adapter that doesn't have electronic connections, just 'dumb' metal, a cable and a mask...

I'm also reading that the adapter isn't able to communicate set ISO on the MFDB to the body, so the AE prism finder won't work correctly - is this true?

Last edited:

mvirtue

As far as I know that would be correct. But then I own a ProIID and don't own an AE finder, so the best you get from me is a guess.

ghoonk

I'm guessing the MFDB won't be able to communicate with the body since the IID (so I'm told) is the only RZ body that has the connections to talk to the MFDB. Which seems to imply that I'm going to be using a lightmeter with this setup