The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ180 delivery

alan_w_george

Thanks for the update:)

Your unit has shipped from Denmark today. That means in your hands end of this week or early next week. You'll hear from our accounting department today!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)

PeterL

Still waiting for my IQ140 (M), ordered last week of Jan :( - I hear that at least one dealer has taken delivery of an IQ140, so I guess I just have to wait, but I'm glad I have the P40+ loaner.....

Cheers, -Peter

Steve Hendrix

There is no question this has been frustrating for all involved (except those who have received theirs - they've forgotten all about it!).

No real single issue that you can put a finger on, as has been discussed, it's a combination of factors - new cutting edge sensor technology (low yields), component shortages, very high demand, summer vacations (let's not forget that), which were not considered to be a factor initially, but the extent of the backorder was not anticipated either, so summer vacation has played more of a role than expected as a result.

While we had initially received steady shipments, we had a gap of weeks and weeks with no IQ180's delivered (though we did receive IQ160's during that period). Compounding this is that Phase has at times not shipped units in the exact order of placement - though the variance has only been off by 1-2 spots in the order, so normally this might mean, not this week's shipment, but next week's. Except in this case - the next week's shipment turned out to be next month's shipment. Quite frustrating.

I will say though, that shipments have picked up, and it seems to be ironing itself out. And hopefully this will continue and the additional wait will be shorter than we fear.

There's nothing particularly unique about this situation, but that doesn't make it any less stressful. Most of the products we sell just have a knack for not sitting on a shelf waiting for a buyer, nor are they produced on an assembly line.

Steve Hendrix

WWLEE

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. Much like preventing rain by bringing an umbrella, I seem to have "caused" delivery by starting this post over last weekend. I received a most unexpected phone call today - my IQ180 was in and ready for pickup! No surprise - I dropped everything and went right over, and now it's in my hot little hands! To give this context, I ordered at the end of March, so hopefully all the folks who ordered in a similar timeframe but have not yet received delivery will get theirs soon.

Now for the fun part.... gotta go out and play with this bad boy!:thumbs:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Got mine today but it was dark when I got home...so this is my first IQ180 shot, with the 45 mm.

Not much of a resolution test though....! Hope to wring it out tomorrow.

Bill

ps Just noticed the dust on the sensor. Oh well...

malmac

Bill

must be damn annoying to have to look at a landscape like this on a regular basis. I am thinking a house swap for 6 months is in order.

I loved the shot you did of same location - one winter, one summer?

Mal

gazwas

Yes, how can anyone not be a landscape photographer living with that on your doorstep. My new camera test shots never look like that....... :bugeyes:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks guys, it is hard living in such a location but someone has to do it!

More seriously, I did run a few shots today with the IQ180 and apart from the hugely improved screen/user interface, I find it has about a 1/2 stop increase in DR - at the high end. That white lighthouse in my various pictures blew out the highlights with my P65+ and I'd have to use -0.7 exposure adjustment.

Using the same camera body, lens and exposure the IQ180 holds the highlights perfectly - and the shadows remain the same. I reckon it's close to 13.5 stops of DR.

Gotta love it!
Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Bill not going to see me argue with you on that one the 180 is about 1/2 stop better than my 160. This conclusion was immediate when Jack and I first tried the prototype.

anGy

What do you think about isos ?
I found iso 200 disappointing as iso 1600 in sensor + mode compared to the P40/60.
Iso noise is supposed to be improved on the IQ180 but it seams to be the contrary, is it just me or Phase marketing has been a bit 'optimistic' on that point ? ...

alan_w_george

Big smiles today:))

Something wrong about taking a picture of an IQ180 with an iPhone....

There is no question this has been frustrating for all involved (except those who have received theirs - they've forgotten all about it!).

No real single issue that you can put a finger on, as has been discussed, it's a combination of factors - new cutting edge sensor technology (low yields), component shortages, very high demand, summer vacations (let's not forget that), which were not considered to be a factor initially, but the extent of the backorder was not anticipated either, so summer vacation has played more of a role than expected as a result.

While we had initially received steady shipments, we had a gap of weeks and weeks with no IQ180's delivered (though we did receive IQ160's during that period). Compounding this is that Phase has at times not shipped units in the exact order of placement - though the variance has only been off by 1-2 spots in the order, so normally this might mean, not this week's shipment, but next week's. Except in this case - the next week's shipment turned out to be next month's shipment. Quite frustrating.

I will say though, that shipments have picked up, and it seems to be ironing itself out. And hopefully this will continue and the additional wait will be shorter than we fear.

There's nothing particularly unique about this situation, but that doesn't make it any less stressful. Most of the products we sell just have a knack for not sitting on a shelf waiting for a buyer, nor are they produced on an assembly line.

Steve Hendrix

schuster

Re: IQ160 delivery

Just wanted to mention that Jeff Lin at Digital Transitions said today that my back should arrive from Denmark early next week.
:clap:

anGy

What do you think about isos ?
I found iso 200 disappointing as iso 1600 in sensor + mode compared to the P40/60.
Iso noise is supposed to be improved on the IQ180 but it seams to be the contrary, is it just me or Phase marketing has been a bit 'optimistic' on that point ? ...
Any input anyone ?

hcubell

Re: IQ160 delivery

Just wanted to mention that Jeff Lin at Digital Transitions said today that my back should arrive from Denmark early next week.
:clap:
Good news for you that the Hasselblad V mount IQ backs are shipping. Have any dealers received shipping information on IQ backs for H series cameras?

G

Georg

I have received my IQ180 (Phase-mount) last week which I had ordered in June. Seems like Phase is getting quicker in fulfilling their orders. Now I am happily trying to figuring everything out.