The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ180 delivery

WWLEE

Hi All,
I've been following GetDPI for about 6 months now. Sorry to post the following rather boring topic as my first post, but wondering if anyone can give me a read on delivery dates on the Phase One IQ backs. I finally took the plunge back in March and ordered my first MF system, the Phase One IQ180, from Digital Transitions in New York City. As of last week, though, I'm still waiting for delivery and my dealer said they have no idea when the unit will arrive, that Phase One will not give dates (which I have seen others on this Board say as well). Any advice on this topic, or do I just wait.... the anticipation is killing me! Have most other folks got theirs by now, or are a lot of folks still waiting? With a late March order, should I have gotten mine by now?
Thanks - I'm sure my future posts will be more interesting!
Will

schuster

Hi All,
I'm still waiting for delivery and my dealer said they have no idea when the unit will arrive
I'm still waiting for the IQ-160 (Hasselblad V mount) I put a deposit on in March. Undoubtedly, the dealers are anxious to complete the transactions almost as much as we are anticipating using the backs. My work is tied to the seasons, as far as buyers and subjects are concerned, and the end of this season is approaching quickly.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I haven't got mine yet either, probably because I was away until the very last day of March so my order just squeaked in under the discount wire. My Toronto dealer keeps making encouraging noises but....

Which leads me to wonder - my P65+ is worth a 65% discount on the trade-in. Does that mean my IQ180 will be worth a 180% discount on the next generation?

Owning a high-end MFDB could finally be financially rewarding....

Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's actually pretty complicated and no real answers. There have been gaps, parts shortages and over demand plus a mired of other things that none of them can be confirmed or relied on as even the dealers don't know when your back is coming until they get a invoice for it. Patience grasshoppers seems to be the word on this one. And yes it pains me to see people waiting for them.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

It's actually pretty complicated and no real answers. There have been gaps, parts shortages and over demand plus a mired of other things that none of them can be confirmed or relied on as even the dealers don't know when your back is coming until they get a invoice for it. Patience grasshoppers seems to be the word on this one. And yes it pains me to see people waiting for them.
But let's face it, having to "do' with a "mere" P65+ really isn't that tough....

If I'd never shot with a IQ180 back in March I probably wouldn't be missing it, but having had a taste I'm getting MIGHTY IMPATIENT!

Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I know Bill once you get a taste it's hard to go back to burgers once you had a good steak. Lol

I'm eating pretty good these days. Lol

alan_w_george

Ordered mine (IQ180 M-mount) 2/9, still waiting. I have been next on the dealer's list for over 7 weeks. Hopefully this week.... It's been quite frustrating.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, very frustrating for everyone involved. European vacation season... :loco:
Oh, worse things can happen than having the month of August off....

like NOT having the month of August off while everyone else does. :ROTFL:

-bob

hcubell

I'm still waiting for the IQ-160 (Hasselblad V mount) I put a deposit on in March. Undoubtedly, the dealers are anxious to complete the transactions almost as much as we are anticipating using the backs. My work is tied to the seasons, as far as buyers and subjects are concerned, and the end of this season is approaching quickly.
My understanding is that the IQ backs in V mount have recently started to ship. Not sure about the backlog. I put in my order for an IQ 180 in an H mount around mid-March, and unfortunately Phase has not even scheduled the H mount backs for future shipment. I am quite disappointed as I have several extended photography related trips coming up, beginning with a trip that starts this weekend.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Ordered mine (IQ180 M-mount) 2/9, still waiting. I have been next on the dealer's list for over 7 weeks. Hopefully this week.... It's been quite frustrating.
Your unit has shipped from Denmark today. That means in your hands end of this week or early next week. You'll hear from our accounting department today!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)