The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

8×10 Digital Capture Back

stephengilbert

"The development and production of two backs (I wanted to have a spare) was equal to the cost of a good size house – before the housing crash."

thrice

*drools all over keyboard*

It's a shame there isn't more information (resolution, ISO range, spectral sensitivity, battery life etc) given, as a gear nut I find it frustrating not knowing more and not seeing samples :p

Paul Spinnler

well there is more info: it only has a resolution of 10 megapixels and a capture takes less than 30 secs. the owner is a still life photographer for the luxury goods industry and uses an 8x10 has his main cam. with that investment he intends to offset the loss of 8x10 polaroids ... of which he used quite a few per 8x10 capture of which he made a few hundred per year ... all to be read on the original blog post ...

djonesii

Workshop Member
If you read the whole thread, and follow the link to his work, Mitchell Feinberg clearly can make the most of this kind of tool. I could only every hope to get to his level of photography.

As he explains, the economics makes perfect sense for him.

Oh to have some talent!

Dave

djonesii

Workshop Member
Here's an idle thought ....

50 of us club together with ~30K each and have some custom 4X5 backs built :bugeyes:

Dave

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
50 of us club together with ~30K each and have some custom 4X5 backs built :bugeyes:
If you get 50 people together all with cash in hand Capture Integration will gladly make this happen for you :).

No promises on the operational speed, resolution, ISO ratings, file format compatibility, or features though :).

I also can't promise which currency the 30k would have to be :).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)