The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two Spots Left for Oct 5-8 NE Workshop

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
BTW folks if your NOT attending the workshop both Jack and I will be attending the technical training on C1 hosted by CI in Boston on October 4th for the 99 entry fee it can't be beat.

Don Libby

Having been to the technical training in Phoenix earlier this year I can say that this is the best $99 you'll ever spend!

sbaze

Workshop Member
I am so upset that work is perventing me from this trip. I was looking to learn more on the tech camara.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
BTW folks if your NOT attending the workshop both Jack and I will be attending the technical training on C1 hosted by CI in Boston on October 4th for the 99 entry fee it can't be beat.
I just tried to sign up for this Boston workshop and ran into some issues with the web site. After submitting my info, I got an error message that no information could be found.

I'd really like to get into the Boston thing, will try again later.

Thanks Guy, for mentioning it here.

Tim

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I tried again and this time didn't get an error message, but neither did I get any kind of confirmation. I'm sure we can get it sorted out before October. Don't want to miss it!

Thanks,
Tim

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Oops. Just checked my email and there was a confirmation in the inbox. I'm solid!

Thanks,
Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
So are we now down to 1 slot remaining or was Tim the one who took it to 2 --- Doug?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jack, same here. Just to be clear, I'm signed up for the Boston 1-day C1 workshop, not the massive and drool-worthy "NE Workshop".

Tim

I am late to chime in. Been several busy days in Dallas photographing a new fire station at the international airport in the heat and humidity. I am really excited to get to NH for the workshop. I know it will be a great time had for all.

I make it to Photokina every two years and I think that Dave Gallagher has put together a mini private Photokina with some very smart people and the best pro gear sans the picture frame makers, and other non-essentials that fill 90% of what you don't really care about visiting in Cologne... Now step outside with the gear to see what you can do outside a showroom at your own pace. I like it.

The cool thing is that there will be so many experienced people there that we can all go into sponge mode and soak up great knowledge about using the gear to make the best images out there. All of the reps and techs from Leaf, phase one, Leica, cambo, etc bring a huge amount of real life experience with real life scenarios that we can share so that the next time you are faced with a situation, you will have already heard about how to deal with it quickly and with a smile. These guys and gals are really smart and great shooters also. The instructors will have some inspirational images and great tips on a huge scale.

Then there's Doug who continues to amaze me with his quick solutions to so much on the computer side of imaging. We wont even talk about his stellar work with models on location. I am lucky to float into miami quite a bit on my assignments and always drop by to see Doug while I am in town. Each time I see him, I learn several new techniques and better ways of dealing with processing real jobs. To have access to his help for those days is truly a huge bonus. He ups my game each visit.

I know the instructors are just as excited as the participants because of all of the stories and suggestions that will be floating about. I can't imaging a better place to spend a week working out the kinks.

I look forward to working with the group and know that everyone there will be moving forward with our mentors, peers, and friends. Now, who needs to use my m9 or tilt swings on the cambo? I sense trophies for the wall in the living room...

Robb Williamson
Www.williamsonimages.com

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well said Rob, I agree i think a few wall trophies are going to come out of this. Frankly your nuts not to go folks. LOL

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Don't let Robb fool you. He's just saying all that nice stuff about me because he knows I'm allowed to expense cocktails with clients. :)

Don Libby

Just the fact of getting to meet Doug is worth the price of admission. I've been with Doug several times now and he always amazes me.