The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Okay I'm in the tech cam world.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I jumped in the water. A good friend of mine and the forums offered me his Cambo WRS, 35XL and Mamiya Plate to me today that I just could not refuse as much as I was holding off. Right now its a good jump in to actually own one instead of always using a demo and such. I tried all three of the big boys and i like them all very much. Alpa , Arca have some wonderful kits and they truly are a work of art and i hated to not get any one of those. I like the Cambo a lot and it is a good cam and gets me in the door and I can grow the system or work towards a different system. Its the glass I am after folks. Having the 60 mpx sensor now am just feeling like a pig and soaking everything I can get off that back and i feel a little bad here as we have some great reps from Alpa and Arca that work hard on this forum to help people and I certainly do not want to slight them in anyway or the products they represent.

As one of the owners here I am very careful on what I do , say and buy as I hold myself up to a very high standard of being not bias as much as I possible can. All these systems are great and wish i could own them all because they all bring something great to the industry. I felt I need to say something here as one of the owners here Jack and I make gear choices more out of need than anything else and we never want to slight anyone or anyones products. We both know folks look at what we buy and do follow us to some extent on our purchases, lets face it we are instructors and teach photography and we are here daily helping people on their needs, so I think that is pretty normal to see what we are shooting.

I'm in the club. Your all in deep do do now. LOL

kdphotography

Let me guess: your wife figures she might as well give in--what with the New England workshop coming and all those toys on display. With the Cambo WRS in hand, at least it deflects more expensive purchases! :D

I don't think you're compromising at all----sweet rig. With those new available wood handles (same as WRS1050) *sigh* someday...

Congrats Guy! :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
And you really think your wife never reads this forum?

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

dchew

Guy,
That's great news! Wish i could be at the NE workshop. It will be boatloads of fun.

Dave

Professional

Congrats!

I will get one of those Tech one day soon, i played with STC and Horseman SWD of Brain and they are nice tools indeed, but i am not in rush yet, and not rich as you ;) and i am not scared of my wife, as long she get what she wants then i can get what i want :D

Guy Mancuso

I have a great wife for sure and I tease about it a lot. But she was not real happy on the REAL cost of the 160 . Guess I forgot a few numbers. This purchase is right on the tail of that. Just staying out of swinging distance. Lol

Professional

I have a great wife for sure and I tease about it a lot. But she was not real happy on the REAL cost of the 160 . Guess I forgot a few numbers. This purchase is right on the tail of that. Just staying out of swinging distance. Lol
Good LUCKKKKKK!!! :thumbup:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Congrats Guy! And I am really looking forward to all the 35 vs 40 vs 43 - and 23 vs 28 vs 32 - and 70 vs 72 - and 90 vs 120 vs 150 discussions once you recover from batting practice!!!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well I jumped in the water. A good friend of mine and the forums offered me his Cambo WRS, 35XL and Mamiya Plate to me today that I just could not refuse as much as I was holding off. Right now its a good jump in to actually own one instead of always using a demo and such. I tried all three of the big boys and i like them all very much. Alpa , Arca have some wonderful kits and they truly are a work of art and i hated to not get any one of those. I like the Cambo a lot and it is a good cam and gets me in the door and I can grow the system or work towards a different system. Its the glass I am after folks. Having the 60 mpx sensor now am just feeling like a pig and soaking everything I can get off that back and i feel a little bad here as we have some great reps from Alpa and Arca that work hard on this forum to help people and I certainly do not want to slight them in anyway or the products they represent.

As one of the owners here I am very careful on what I do , say and buy as I hold myself up to a very high standard of being not bias as much as I possible can. All these systems are great and wish i could own them all because they all bring something great to the industry. I felt I need to say something here as one of the owners here Jack and I make gear choices more out of need than anything else and we never want to slight anyone or anyones products. We both know folks look at what we buy and do follow us to some extent on our purchases, lets face it we are instructors and teach photography and we are here daily helping people on their needs, so I think that is pretty normal to see what we are shooting.

I'm in the club. Your all in deep do do now. LOL
Guy has my old Cambo rig once removed. I promise that I left some good images in it before letting it go.
-bob

jotloob

Subscriber Member
. . . . . and i am not scared of my wife, as long she get what she wants then i can get what i want :D
@ Professional
Then your gear will cost you the double prize .
I can see the STC + Lens + IQ180 for you in a very far distance only .:ROTFL:

@ Guy
Congrats to you and welcome to Tech.Cam.User.Club . I wish you lots of stunning images .

ptomsu

Workshop Member
@ Guy

Congratulations and all the best and much fun with that new cam! I am so sure you will enjoy it and make the most out of it.

I am unfortunately on a waiting position with investing more in MFD, especially Tech Cams as I currently have different big investments to take, but I know the time will come back and then I will also join the Tech Cam club ;)

Peter

cs750

Guy, it is great that you finally took the tech camera plunge. I have only had my RM3di about a week along with a couple of lenses, and I must say I am thoroughly enjoying a tech camera. I still have my 645DF for now! I will likely bring the RM3di to the New England workshop where I hope to get lots of pointers. Charles

Guy Mancuso

Absolutely bring your tech cam. Plenty of tech cam shooting and Df shooting plus any camera you folks want to bring or try. We know every system out there. I have been shooting the tech cam for years just never owned one. Feel good about owning one now and have lots of plans for it.

Don Libby

Congratulations Guy! I've always felt the WRS offers the most bang for the buck! I started out with the 35 then shortly added the 72 and later on a 120. I've been shooting with this setup now for well over 2 1/2 years which in camera years is light 8. The only thing I've changed/upgraded during this time was the P45+ to a P65+.

Welcome to the club!

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Don , better keep a eye on your Rosewood handles. I want them . LOL

Seriously I have read many of your posts on the Cambo and used it quite a lot and they get the job done very nicely indeed. I also like the form factor of them a lot.

Don Libby

Thanks Don , better keep a eye on your Rosewood handles. I want them . LOL

Seriously I have read many of your posts on the Cambo and used it quite a lot and they get the job done very nicely indeed. I also like the form factor of them a lot.
You can have my Rosewood handles when you pry them from my cold dead hands! :ROTFL: :ROTFL: