The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

danlindberg

I've been working on an art project with a forthcoming exhibition. High contrast black & white with blown highs and pitch black in the other end. I will not show all the images I have done but I thought I could give you a teaser and a sample of style for this series.

danlindberg

Thanx :)

Actually, material is not decided yet. The reason being that I am so used to print 100x70cm on artcanvas and wrap on stretchers that I was thinking of doing something else this time.
I have my own 44" printer so experimentation is possible...

I am thinking maybe a matt paper of smaller size, 50x70cm print and then a rather large passpartout and frame with glas and a smallish black wooden frame. It would be new for me, but think this series would be nice in this kind of presentation. We'll see....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Jack, thanks for your very kind comments; if I take enough photos there are always a few I can process with pride. I must say I am excited about technical cameras in general and the RM3di in particular. I still have workflow issues (including getting my gear arranged functionally for travel); I am not convinced that I have each of my lenses calibrated in with the best off sets, but I do like the slower approach to photography. The instruction you and Rod have given during the New England Workshop has really been helpful. Also, the input of Guy and Rob has caused me to "see" more carefully before clicking the shutter. I leave Saturday morning for Arizona for 19 days and my goal is to get my workflow and gear down, fine tune my lens calibrations (off sets), experiment with each lens, and enjoy a nice slow pace. If I can bring back a few good images that will be icing on the cake. I am very high on the 23 mm Rodenstock (haven't shot the 150 mm yet!); I think the 23 will teach me a lot about where I want to go with my other lenses. Charles

Charles if you need me when here give me a call. Just trying to catch up with everything here , got in late last night and my laundry list is huge at the moment. But I have not even looked at what i shot yet. Its driving me nuts as it is on the list but pretty far down it. LOL

cs750

Guy, thanks. I understand about the laundry list. I had to steal time from other things to process anything from the New England Workshop when I should have been doing other things. Now, I am paying the piper trying to get everything done before leaving in the morning. Charles

Guy Mancuso

Well I bumped it up at least for one right now feeling left out of the mix here. LOL

Shot with a Cambo and pretty sure this was with a 43 XL TS lens with a good amount of tilt on it. About 2 second exposure.

cs750

Guy, great color and mist rising from the water. I desperately tried to get those same images while having focusing problems. I later that night discovered that a spacer to the 150 mm lens stayed in my camera and then I screwed a 72 mm lens in on top of that spacer leaving everything blurred. I fiddled with it just long enough to miss the shots. I knew that could happen, but it did not occur to me what had happened until after evening meal. Talk about learning my lesson...it is one I will not forget! Charles

Guy Mancuso

Yes sometimes the hard knocks pays off in not doing things again. We all have been there for sure. I really like what you posted so far. Just keep plugging away, this stuff takes time and patience. I squeezed these off as i was helping others get their images. The group did good that morning, made my day.

Don Libby

very nice, Dan

how goes the printing and what size?
I've sized this as 30x40. Can't print it as yet as I'm in Jackson Hole for the next 2-months although I've already have one print sold. As much as I liked the P45+ I really love the P65+.

I hope to share more later on after I actually take a day off to catch up with the images. I'm taking more handdeld with the addition of the wood grips and shot a buffalo this morning using the Schneider 120mm.

Don

Guy Mancuso

No ND here. Water was moving really fast. I think I stopped down to about 11.5. Trying to remember what I did. I don't think I had one on , I know I was in a really tough spot on rocks, actually had tripod partly in the water.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
But you likely had the CF mounted which is effectively a 2-1/2-stop cut on the 23, right?