The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

darr

Three alligators and a million gnats later, here is a view of the St. Marks Lighthouse near sunset today. St. Marks is 20 minutes south of Tallahassee.
Alpa Max | Schneider 72 mm | f/11​

dick

woody:

you must have only had the plane in one shot; eerie reminder, by the way
...it helps if the whole plane in one shot... bits of planes hung in the sky would not look good... but you could have the plane in each shot and make it look like many. (motorised stitching might be handy)

Has anyone tried making one soldier look like a regiment? (I am thinking about this for re-constructing scenes from hundreds of years ago).

Last edited:

cunim

How about technical images from tech cameras? Alpa Max, 90HR, IQ180, about 12mm of rise, crop from pano with +-5mm of shift.

Last edited:

dchew

Here are a few images from a business trip to Washington last week. Took Thurs off to shoot followed by a redeye back. :)

All with the Alpa STC / IQ180.

This first one was fun to take. Needs a crop and some work, but check out the airy disks (?) at 100% in the OOF specular highlights. SK 150mm no shift or tilt. I find this lens challenging and very fun to use.

Second 70hr-w, 10mm rise.
Third 100hr-s, no movement.
Fourth SK150, 10mm fall.

Ciao,
Dave

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

This is my first picture here.

Cambo WDS with Rodenstock 23mm HR
Phase One IQ 180.

Thanks for viewing.
Pramote

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Clyde's Swamp #1. After the CI Miami event, the owner of CI, Dave Gallagher, had made arrangements for us to shoot in Clyde Butcher's private swamp behind his studio. It was a little unnerving strolling around in swampland for the first time, but the experience was fantastic. Anyway, I made several images and just finished working and printing this one up today.

Details are IQ180 back, Arca RM3, HR40 lens, 10mm fall, 0.5 degrees forward tilt, 1 sec @ f11, ISO 35, processed and converted to B&W in C1, some light D&B in Photoshop. Printed it out on three different papers and like it best on Epson Exhibition Fiber.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
On a business trip to the other Washington and had some time between landing and the hotel room being ready for check-in. This year the cherry blossoms are peaking earlier than usual, but nobody here seems to mind.

7mm rise, 1 degree reverse tilt iso 35 f/11 1/30 Rodie 70.
I just walked along the bank until I found the tripod holes :ROTFL:
-bob

You would think that with the number of slimy critters in this town that it would be classified as a swamp.

dick

There's another Washington? :eek: :D
Yes... Washington is in the Tyne and Wear area of North East England.

I heard a rumour that there is also one the other side of the Atlantic?

Edit: I looked it up ... it is near Vancouver and the Pacific!

Perhaps you should call it "New Washington" (like "New Orleans" and "New York") to save any further confusion?

I had thought that Washington was near Boston (tea party), but Washington (Tyne and Wear) is about 150 miles up the East coast from Boston, Lincolnshire... if that helps!

Last edited:

Thierry

It sometimes (often) doesn't need to go far away to get beautiful images.

Best regards
Thierry

Thanks Thierry. I am trying to take a little time off and shoot around my area with my Max. It will be getting hot and buggy soon. :(

Darr

darr

Darr,
I like the Marsh image very much! Looks painted.

Dave
Thanks Dave! I am rather fond of marsh landscapes and the nature that lives in them. Although I do get a little nervous around gators and snakes. :eek: