The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

danlindberg

Been busy with plenty of interior shoots for a couple of weeks, so little time for own projects....
This one was shot in February.

Alpa SWA with the Schneider 120N, I cannot remember all the details, but I do remember that this was a full rise of 25mm and shot wide open at f5.6.

malmac

Admin edit to add photo:

Dan

I like the movement in this image and the industrial nature of the subject.
Not sure how this will go as far as rendering your image in this post - if it goes pear shaped and the image is all wrong - my apologies.

mal

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Still don't know how you copy an image already posted into a commentary post. Any help appreciated.
Use the "quote" button on the bottom of the post in question instead of reply. I edited your response above accordingly ;)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
My first landscape image since long . From today .
ALPA12STC , HR DIGARON 40mm , CFV-50 , 3 stich , f11 1/125 .

danlindberg

Thanks Mal!

In stark contrast to the industrial shot, here's a shot from the woods with interesting light. Very saturated, but does not bleed, atleast on my screen...

ALPA MAX • SK 72 L • f8 • 1/15 • iso 50 • 5mm rise • more PP than usual ;)

danlindberg

...and while I'm at it!

This one is shot with the 35 XL and 8mm fall with the ALPA MAX sitting on a sandbag.
Closest focusing range and @ f5.6.

rga

A Study in Pastels #1 - Santa Barbara Sunset
4/24/2012
Alpa Max/ SK 150/P45+/polarizing filter/.9ND
5sec @ f/16

Study in Pastels #2 Santa Barbara Sunset
Alpa Max/ sk150/P45+/polarizing filter/.9ND
5 Sec @ f11

Study in Pastels #3 Santa Barbara Sunset
5 Sec @ f11

Last edited:

coulombic

A Study in Pastels #1 - Santa Barbara Sunset
4/24/2012
Alpa Max/ SK 150/P45+/polarizing filter/.9ND
5sec @ f/16

Study in Pastels #2 Santa Barbara Sunset
5 Sec @ f11

Study in Pastels #3 Santa Barbara Sunset
5 Sec @ f11

What kind of GND filters did you use for this? Color cast seems rather seems rather prominent (purple/magenta tones nearer to the top).

rga

What kind of GND filters did you use for this? Color cast seems rather seems rather prominent (purple/magenta tones nearer to the top).
It's an old Lee. I just hand hold it in front of the lens+polarizing.
Could that have brought about the magenta? I was thinking it was when I darkened and clarified the sky during post processing...
Thanks for sharing thoughts about this. I have always struggled with magenta in sky's...
Best,
Bob

coulombic

It's an old Lee. I just hand hold it in front of the lens+polarizing.
Could that have brought about the magenta? I was thinking it was when I darkened and clarified the sky during post processing...
Thanks for sharing thoughts about this. I have always struggled with magenta in sky's...
Best,
Bob
Absolutely, it would have imparted the magenta. I had a set of Hitech grads that did the same thing. Contemporary Lee filters are very clean, as are Singh-Ray. I'd imagine you could fix this reasonably easily with C1, however, with Advanced Color Edit, changing the hue to what it actually was, and applying masks if necessary.

M

milt

Gotta love this weather :clap:

Stata Center Courtyard, MIT Campus.

Horseman SW-D II Pro
Rodenstock 35mm
P45+
ISO 50; f/11; 1/15th
3 Image vertical stitch
The colors and clarity of this image are STUNNING!
Nicely done.
Milt

danlindberg

I have not shown any professional assignment on the forum. Main reason is copyright issues and normal respect towards a paying client. Right now I have a cluster of large exclusive villas to photograph and I have been given permission to show a few interiors of this particular villa. I cannot show any exterior shots and there are plenty more inside as well, with huge gamesroom, wine cellar, 7 bedrooms, cinemaroom, library etc etc. but still thought it could be interesting to show my style when working weekdays assignments :)

These samples are all shot with the Alpa Max with the Schneider SuperDigitar 28 XL. All have movements, either rise or fall, between 5mm-10mm.

All are shot in ambient light with exposures ranging from 8 seconds to 16 seconds. All with iso 25.