Site Sponsors
Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 3954

Thread: Technical Camera Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Technical Camera Images

Hi

Here is a first infrared shot with the RSAE, converted P45+ HR/70 5 degree Rise - 1 degree tilt - f 11 iso 100 1/30 sec

Philip
    www.pg-pg.com
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A comparable photo motif but , sorry , not taken with a TECH CAMERA .
    LUMIX GX7 . Please excuse this little "out of topic" .

Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

One more.

Details as before.

Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For Pontarlier - Distillerie Armand Guy. Best Rated Absinthe in France!
    1st & Second Photo:
    Alpa Max
    90HR
    17mm Tilt Adapter x2

3rd Photo
    Alpa Max
    32HR
    17mm Tilt Adapter
    6mm Macro Adapter

You can see the rest of the photos from the series here:
    Distillerie Armand Guy | DosSantos – Lemone – Photography

www.dossantoslemone.com
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Extraordinary light in the morning. Shot from our terrace at breakfast B&W conversion and clarity/contrast but nothing else has been done to the image...

Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 22 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A well hidden, 800 year old tree in the middle of national park Sierra las Nieves. Impossible to find unless you are guided to it. You need to be 20 people holding hands to reach around it.
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 23 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

More play than anything, but with careful framing an urban commercial board becomes abstract art
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"The Moon", Grand Staircase Escalante NM, Utah.
    Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK 120 Aspheric.

Peter
    My website
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely photo of the tree, Dan.

Got to love those shimmed ALPA's for razor sharp focus.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an FPS/SWA/Rodenstock/Schneider system and would like to know your general thoughts on the FPS, in terms of performance etc. Have you had occasion to marry up your SWA to the FPS for extra stitch/shift/swing oomph, for example?

Many thanks in advance,
    Theo

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

where is that moon hiding?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's the location..

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    where is that moon hiding?
    Peter
    My website

Post Thanks / Like

First attempt at using my new Arca gear.

3 shot stitch 10mm left and right. I'm not totally happy with it yet and I need to sort out the focusing but I am getting there.

Natural Bridge

Stop chasing gear, start chasing photos instead.

Jeff, but my friends call me Dogs
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs857 View Post
    First attempt at using my new Arca gear.

3 shot stitch 10mm left and right. I'm not totally happy with it yet and I need to sort out the focusing but I am getting there.

Natural Bridge

Which lens did you use? That looks like an awesome location and a tough place to achieve proper focus.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry forgot to put that info in. The lens was the Rodenstock 40mm, and the final image was cropped to 3:1 ratio.

This is a great spot in the Gold Coast hinterland. It is really dark inside the fall area so that makes things tricky and getting a good exposure is not easy either. I want to go back and really nail it but for a learning experience I am pretty happy.
    Last edited by Dogs857; 1st November 2013 at 02:17.
    Stop chasing gear, start chasing photos instead.

Jeff, but my friends call me Dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Superb start Jeff, I hope you're happy with the kit. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
    Lovely photo of the tree, Dan.

Got to love those shimmed ALPA's for razor sharp focus.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an FPS/SWA/Rodenstock/Schneider system and would like to know your general thoughts on the FPS, in terms of performance etc. Have you had occasion to marry up your SWA to the FPS for extra stitch/shift/swing oomph, for example?

Many thanks in advance,
    Theo
    Thanks Theo!

The FPS is a remarkable body that takes the word flexibility further. With so many lenses, both legacy and new to use in combination with a DB.
    I like the fact that I get consistent exposure time no matter what lens I use. This is not the case with my different tech lenses and copal shutters and is actually frustrating at times.

I use a Schneider PC 90 TS lens and the results are very solid, so my thinking is that IF the upcoming PC 28 TS is as good as promised, then I can see myself using those two lenses together with a FPS covering 80% of my work. Although the lenses are quite large, at least the 90 is pretty light. So nice and light and it would fit nicely in a Pelicase.
    I suspect that the 28 would only allow for 5 to 6mm of shift but it is better than nothing and I could cheat and keystone the rest in post. Good would be the possibility to tilt for greater sharpness in vast landscapes.

Yes, I have used the FPS + MAX and Hasselblad V-lenses - great fun and it works perfect. Limits being, as usual, on image circle and overall quality of the optics. The FPS + MAX becomes rather heavy and add for instance my Distagon 40 IF and it is a beast, but no doubt fun

I would have liked to be able to use the standard Alpa mount lenses, the 28XL would be sweet, but not a big deal, its just to bolt it on the TC and shoot or the larger bodies if movements are required.

The FPS feels very solid and works flawless, in fact, I have not had a single Alpa hick-up. Quality right through everything. I feel secure working with my gear.

Best of luck in your decision and should you be in south of Spain you are welcome to try out anything I have….
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dan, you are a dangerous man!

I am looking at your work and I despair. Besides your excellent vision, it is such quality that can not be reproduced by any DSLR / lense combination available today.

I can cheat I guess, and use focus stacking and the likes, but there is a difference and I can see that.

From the distance, I come to think that such Alp and Lense combinations with a modern DB is the ultimate one can hope for in image quality.

The effect it has on me is that I feel constrained by the DSLR world and feel like bieng in a cuel de sac. There are attractive new cameras on the market with excellent lenses, different sensors sizes and function on offer, but in way they are all the same.

Reading what you and others say also convinced me that a step into this world requires guidance and learning, the latter has a time frame attached and will require patience to come to the point that one forgets the camera he uses and the technics in his hands, becomes one with that unit and can concentrate on the scene and light, no thinking about the gear required anymore, except perhaps that step to choose the right tilt and swing, which I suppose will become a second nature too with experience.

It appears to be another universe, shooting with technical cameras.

Fantastic.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,

Many thanks for your detailed response and equipment test offer. Very much appreciated.

I had not considered the Schneider PC-TS lenses before but they do look a promising solution.

Does your PC-TS 90 mm resolve to infinity when used directly on the FPS when the corresponding adapter/combination is used or if the FPS is used as a shutter module with your MAX/STC body etc?

Regards,
    Theo

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Thanks Theo!

The FPS is a remarkable body that takes the word flexibility further. With so many lenses, both legacy and new to use in combination with a DB.
    I like the fact that I get consistent exposure time no matter what lens I use. This is not the case with my different tech lenses and copal shutters and is actually frustrating at times.

I use a Schneider PC 90 TS lens and the results are very solid, so my thinking is that IF the upcoming PC 28 TS is as good as promised, then I can see myself using those two lenses together with a FPS covering 80% of my work. Although the lenses are quite large, at least the 90 is pretty light. So nice and light and it would fit nicely in a Pelicase.
    I suspect that the 28 would only allow for 5 to 6mm of shift but it is better than nothing and I could cheat and keystone the rest in post. Good would be the possibility to tilt for greater sharpness in vast landscapes.

Yes, I have used the FPS + MAX and Hasselblad V-lenses - great fun and it works perfect. Limits being, as usual, on image circle and overall quality of the optics. The FPS + MAX becomes rather heavy and add for instance my Distagon 40 IF and it is a beast, but no doubt fun

I would have liked to be able to use the standard Alpa mount lenses, the 28XL would be sweet, but not a big deal, its just to bolt it on the TC and shoot or the larger bodies if movements are required.

The FPS feels very solid and works flawless, in fact, I have not had a single Alpa hick-up. Quality right through everything. I feel secure working with my gear.

Best of luck in your decision and should you be in south of Spain you are welcome to try out anything I have….

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Theo!

Hi Dan,

Many thanks for your detailed response and equipment test offer. Very much appreciated.

I had not considered the Schneider PC-TS lenses before but they do look a promising solution.

Does your PC-TS 90 mm resolve to infinity when used directly on the FPS when the corresponding adapter/combination is used or if the FPS is used as a shutter module with your MAX/STC body etc?

Regards,
    Theo

Post Thanks / Like

I've recently set myself up with an Alpa TC + Schneider Apo-Digitar 47mm (decentered) lens. My MFDB is a Leaf Aptus 75 and the results I'm getting from this over that of my Mamiya AFDii is, frankly, startling. Zero CA, 100% edge-to-edge sharpness. For such a small package it punches way above its weight. The results I'm getting remind me of what my DP2M delivers.

I had the 47XL decentered as this makes it a poor man's shift lens. I'm going to add the Schneider 24mm XL and then I reckon I'm sorted.

If, like me, you're not a 'technical shooter', don't be afraid of using a technical camera. I look upon my Alpa TC as an - albeit expensive! - point and shoot camera. Leaf backs are always on so there's no faffing. Simplicity itself.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"Faffing?"

Post Thanks / Like

Erm, okay.. No fiddling around. Set the aperture, set the shutter speed, cock the shutter, click. Simple. No faffing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnia View Post
    I look upon my Alpa TC as an - albeit expensive! - point and shoot camera.

I guess some would not hesitate to use a 900 years old japanese Katana to open a bottle of water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Ti...layer_embedded

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnia View Post
    Erm, okay.. No fiddling around. Set the aperture, set the shutter speed, cock the shutter, click. Simple. No faffing.
    When it comes to no faffing about, you'll love the 24XL on the TC. You won't even need to worry about focusing with that lens combo. Just make sure that you have the centre filter for it though.

Ylem ...
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post
    Dan, you are a dangerous man!

I am looking at your work and I despair. Besides your excellent vision, it is such quality that can not be reproduced by any DSLR / lense combination available today.

I can cheat I guess, and use focus stacking and the likes, but there is a difference and I can see that.

From the distance, I come to think that such Alp and Lense combinations with a modern DB is the ultimate one can hope for in image quality.

The effect it has on me is that I feel constrained by the DSLR world and feel like bieng in a cuel de sac. There are attractive new cameras on the market with excellent lenses, different sensors sizes and function on offer, but in way they are all the same.

Reading what you and others say also convinced me that a step into this world requires guidance and learning, the latter has a time frame attached and will require patience to come to the point that one forgets the camera he uses and the technics in his hands, becomes one with that unit and can concentrate on the scene and light, no thinking about the gear required anymore, except perhaps that step to choose the right tilt and swing, which I suppose will become a second nature too with experience.

It appears to be another universe, shooting with technical cameras.

Fantastic.
    Thank you Georg I can assure you that once you get smitten by not only the image quality but also the purity of the whole photographic process with a tech setup - there is no going back to anything else. Technical excellence is one part, but there is more to it than that….

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you Georg I can assure you that once you get smitten by not only the image quality but also the purity of the whole photographic process with a tech setup - there is no going back to anything else. Technical excellence is one part, but there is more to it than that….
    I could not agree more .
    That is what I call : Back to the roots of photography with precise and excellent gear .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Technical excellence is one part, but there is more to it than that….
    I usually shoot in solitude, however, on a rare occasion I was shooting with a well known celebrity photographer for 10 days. His way of working was very different, as he literally chased around all day and I perceived it as a certain nervousity in the process of shooting. Kinda "Time is Money" or a "30 minutes walk in the Zoo" feeling was left with me and I realized how different my way of approaching photography was.

Nothing wrong with chasing though, it was not my way.

Photography and Zen is perhaps best to describe how I feel about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by alajuela View Post
    Hi

Here is a first infrared shot with the RSAE, converted P45+ HR/70 5 degree Rise - 1 degree tilt - f 11 iso 100 1/30 sec

Hi Phillip,

You have a IR converted P45+? I had no idea such exist.

If I may, I find the tonality a little strange, the stone in the front, and those in the middle are somehow incoherent to my eyes and both seem not to fit with the IR look of the leaves. None of the wonderful trees can be seen in total, they are cut off. Then again, I did not look at too many IR photographs so far, it might just be my inexperienced look at it.

I know the choice of frame from long ago, personally I am not too fond of it becuase I find it very distracting. That is not to say that it would not work on other pictures of a more graphical and abstract nature, but may be not so much in sorta busy pictures?

It is an interesting approach Phillip, but perhaps the person on the left is not placed in a way that benefits the picture overall?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    When it comes to no faffing about, you'll love the 24XL on the TC. You won't even need to worry about focusing with that lens combo. Just make sure that you have the centre filter for it though.

I was thinking of using the Alpa digital centre filter Digitalcenterfilter.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
    Hi Dan,

Regards,
    Theo
    Yes, focus reaches infinity on the FPS. In fact, with an overthrow which means that you must make an infinity test and mark your exact position on the focus ring when lens is zeroed. But the overthrow is brilliant when using lots of tilt which ultimately means even better dof control.

I have very very carefully 'calibrated' (or rather made my own more detailed focus scales and positioned them in the correct position) my 4 Hassy-V lenses. Spot on nowadays…

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, focus reaches infinity on the FPS. In fact, with an overthrow which means that you must make an infinity test and mark your exact position on the focus ring when lens is zeroed. But the overthrow is brilliant when using lots of tilt which ultimately means even better dof control.

I have very very carefully 'calibrated' (or rather made my own more detailed focus scales and positioned them in the correct position) my 4 Hassy-V lenses. Spot on nowadays…
    That's excellent news, Dan.

Many thanks,
    Theo

Post Thanks / Like

Photography and Zen is perhaps best to describe how I feel about it.
    Indeed. I have most of the time been out in nature alone. I do believe I make my best work when alone, but lately I have started to enjoy company as well. I have regular 'mini-workshops' meaning 1-3 enthusiasts coming along for a full day outing - and I have grown to enjoy these days a lot.
    Ofcourse my own photography is non-existent those days since I am all concentrated on the enthusiasts wanting to learn something, but nonetheless very enjoyable days.

Anyway, here's a handheld shot at dusk on my way back to the car high up in the mountains. Wide open and 1/15 with no support….. But not too shabby…..
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

some recent shots from the new "Campus of the Vienna University of Economics and Business"
    really remarkable bunch of international architects involved here ;-)

www.thomasebruster.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It is the Star Fleet headquarters on Earth!
    Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome images! That project is stunning!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Phillip,

You have a IR converted P45+? I had no idea such exist.

If I may, I find the tonality a little strange, the stone in the front, and those in the middle are somehow incoherent to my eyes and both seem not to fit with the IR look of the leaves. None of the wonderful trees can be seen in total, they are cut off. Then again, I did not look at too many IR photographs so far, it might just be my inexperienced look at it.

I know the choice of frame from long ago, personally I am not too fond of it becuase I find it very distracting. That is not to say that it would not work on other pictures of a more graphical and abstract nature, but may be not so much in sorta busy pictures?

It is an interesting approach Phillip, but perhaps the person on the left is not placed in a way that benefits the picture overall?
    Hi Georg

Yes, the P45+ can be converted to full spectrum by Phase, what they do is take off the Hot Mirror, the hot mirror excludes the UV and IR wave lengths and restricts the capture to visible light. which is +/- 380nm - 720nm.

Then you put on screw on filters to limit what part of the spectrum to allow to hit the sensor. In this case I think it was about 650nm and up, so some false color reached the sensor. I think the stone is like that as it reflects no natural light (not sure but I think that is why).

Your opinion certainly is valid, I am not married to the software frame - did not give it allot of thought, chose it because I felt it added to the oddness of the shot. but i think your comment is well founded and certainly well received ;-) I would have preferred to have more of the shot and less of the frame. The guy in frame - I like as it gives some realism to an otherwise unrealistic shot.

I have a ways to go on this, and hope in the coming months to get some interesting images.

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Phil
    Last edited by alajuela; 5th November 2013 at 20:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by alajuela View Post
    Yes, the P45+ can be converted to full spectrum by Phase, what they do is take off the Hot Mirror, the hot mirror excludes the UV and IR wave lengths and restricts the capture to visible light. which is +/- 380nm - 720nm.

Then you put on screw on filters to limit what part of the spectrum to allow to hit the sensor. In this case I think it was about 650nm and up, so some false color reached the sensor. I think the stone is like that as it reflects no natural light (not sure but I think that is why).
    Fascinating! I would imagine that hot mirror procedure is non destructive, hence reversible by Phase One?

Thanks Phillip, and btw. really enjoyed the river pictures from Yang Shao.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fascinating! I would imagine that hot mirror procedure is non destructive, hence reversible by Phase One?

Thanks Phillip, and btw. really enjoyed the river pictures from Yang Shao.

Thank you Georg

As far a "reversible" goes, I am not sure, but - you can buy a "Hot Mirror" filter from Heliopan, B+W etc, which you can screw on the lens, and this should give you a "normal" image.

I am off to Miami today, and intend to do some shooting with the P45+ in the next few weeks.

thanks

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    It is the Star Fleet headquarters on Earth!
    yes, you are right
    www.thomasebruster.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_R View Post
    Awesome images! That project is stunning!
    thanks, yes it's an awesome building - designed by Zaha Hadid Architecture Hamburg.
    but that's only one of six architects/building complexes at the new campus.

here's a detail from dusk:

www.thomasebruster.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

here's another one wich i like very much - the facade is made of rusty steel panels.
    looks so cool within the new environment. designed by BUSarchitecture ZT GmbH vienna.

and another one from CRAB Studio London

www.thomasebruster.com

Post Thanks / Like

Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Canon 24mm TSE Alpa FPS Prairie Creek SP

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Experimenting with ways to bring out engine features. This was done with both standards tilted to vertical and swung to parallel. Composite of a fill image with light painting.
    Last edited by cunim; 7th January 2014 at 08:56.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rain forest along Oil City Road, Olympic NP, Washington.
    Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK35XL

Peter
    My website
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just came home from a full day of boring 'must-do-things'. Entering my home I see both my kids, my wife and a friend snapping away on the terrace with their 4 compacts.
    I realise that this light was going to last for seconds so I rushed into my study and opened my Peli. I knew that the SK120 was mounted on the SWA. But my tripod was in the car….damn….no time. I fire it up, quickly turn aperture to wide open 5.6 and hope it is enough with 1/60. Because 1/60 handheld is definitely needed with the 120. And another….damn….no soft release, but there is no time, you see the shadow on the left. This shadow moved into the picture rapidly. I got this capture and seconds later the whole mountain was in shadow.

I haven't done anything to it, colours are very close to what it was and exposure not lifted at all. Talk about a stressful photo…..not the usual me...

Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Aptus 22 and WRS-1200 at Dufferin Islands, Niagara Falls.

SK 35:

SK 90:
    Last edited by jctodd; 17th November 2013 at 18:33. Reason: URL fixes

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting to take this baby out for a spin : )
    Leica | Angenieux | Alpa | Rodenstock | Schneider | Phase One
    www.raymondchak.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

WOW

And that little black thing on the right is the camera ? ? ?
    Regards . Jürgen .

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to put the adequate mask in the viewfinder
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post