Site Sponsors
Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 3954

Thread: Technical Camera Images

  1. #2501
    Senior Member alajuela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Shanghai / Miami
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    124

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Hi

    Here is a first infrared shot with the RSAE, converted P45+ HR/70 5 degree Rise - 1 degree tilt - f 11 iso 100 1/30 sec

    Philip
    www.pg-pg.com
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2502
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    116

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    A comparable photo motif but , sorry , not taken with a TECH CAMERA .
    LUMIX GX7 . Please excuse this little "out of topic" .

    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #2503
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    One more.

    Details as before.

    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #2504
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    For Pontarlier - Distillerie Armand Guy. Best Rated Absinthe in France!
    1st & Second Photo:
    Alpa Max
    90HR
    17mm Tilt Adapter x2

    3rd Photo
    Alpa Max
    32HR
    17mm Tilt Adapter
    6mm Macro Adapter

    You can see the rest of the photos from the series here:
    Distillerie Armand Guy | DosSantos – Lemone – Photography



    www.dossantoslemone.com
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #2505
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Extraordinary light in the morning. Shot from our terrace at breakfast B&W conversion and clarity/contrast but nothing else has been done to the image...

    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 22 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #2506
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    A well hidden, 800 year old tree in the middle of national park Sierra las Nieves. Impossible to find unless you are guided to it. You need to be 20 people holding hands to reach around it.
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 23 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #2507
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    More play than anything, but with careful framing an urban commercial board becomes abstract art
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #2508
    Senior Member Pemihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    "The Moon", Grand Staircase Escalante NM, Utah.
    Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK 120 Aspheric.

    Peter
    My website
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #2509
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Lovely photo of the tree, Dan.

    Got to love those shimmed ALPA's for razor sharp focus.

    I'm about to pull the trigger on an FPS/SWA/Rodenstock/Schneider system and would like to know your general thoughts on the FPS, in terms of performance etc. Have you had occasion to marry up your SWA to the FPS for extra stitch/shift/swing oomph, for example?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Theo

  10. #2510
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    where is that moon hiding?

  11. #2511
    Senior Member Pemihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    It's the location..

    Peter


    Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    where is that moon hiding?
    Peter
    My website

  12. #2512
    Senior Member Dogs857's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Thursday Island - Australia
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    First attempt at using my new Arca gear.

    3 shot stitch 10mm left and right. I'm not totally happy with it yet and I need to sort out the focusing but I am getting there.

    Natural Bridge

    Stop chasing gear, start chasing photos instead.

    Jeff, but my friends call me Dogs
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #2513
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogs857 View Post
    First attempt at using my new Arca gear.

    3 shot stitch 10mm left and right. I'm not totally happy with it yet and I need to sort out the focusing but I am getting there.

    Natural Bridge

    Which lens did you use? That looks like an awesome location and a tough place to achieve proper focus.

  14. #2514
    Senior Member Dogs857's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Thursday Island - Australia
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Sorry forgot to put that info in. The lens was the Rodenstock 40mm, and the final image was cropped to 3:1 ratio.

    This is a great spot in the Gold Coast hinterland. It is really dark inside the fall area so that makes things tricky and getting a good exposure is not easy either. I want to go back and really nail it but for a learning experience I am pretty happy.
    Last edited by Dogs857; 1st November 2013 at 02:17.
    Stop chasing gear, start chasing photos instead.

    Jeff, but my friends call me Dogs

  15. #2515
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Sweden
    Posts
    1,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Superb start Jeff, I hope you're happy with the kit. Enjoy!

  16. #2516
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
    Lovely photo of the tree, Dan.

    Got to love those shimmed ALPA's for razor sharp focus.

    I'm about to pull the trigger on an FPS/SWA/Rodenstock/Schneider system and would like to know your general thoughts on the FPS, in terms of performance etc. Have you had occasion to marry up your SWA to the FPS for extra stitch/shift/swing oomph, for example?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Theo
    Thanks Theo!

    The FPS is a remarkable body that takes the word flexibility further. With so many lenses, both legacy and new to use in combination with a DB.
    I like the fact that I get consistent exposure time no matter what lens I use. This is not the case with my different tech lenses and copal shutters and is actually frustrating at times.

    I use a Schneider PC 90 TS lens and the results are very solid, so my thinking is that IF the upcoming PC 28 TS is as good as promised, then I can see myself using those two lenses together with a FPS covering 80% of my work. Although the lenses are quite large, at least the 90 is pretty light. So nice and light and it would fit nicely in a Pelicase.
    I suspect that the 28 would only allow for 5 to 6mm of shift but it is better than nothing and I could cheat and keystone the rest in post. Good would be the possibility to tilt for greater sharpness in vast landscapes.

    Yes, I have used the FPS + MAX and Hasselblad V-lenses - great fun and it works perfect. Limits being, as usual, on image circle and overall quality of the optics. The FPS + MAX becomes rather heavy and add for instance my Distagon 40 IF and it is a beast, but no doubt fun

    I would have liked to be able to use the standard Alpa mount lenses, the 28XL would be sweet, but not a big deal, its just to bolt it on the TC and shoot or the larger bodies if movements are required.

    The FPS feels very solid and works flawless, in fact, I have not had a single Alpa hick-up. Quality right through everything. I feel secure working with my gear.

    Best of luck in your decision and should you be in south of Spain you are welcome to try out anything I have….
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #2517
    Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Dan, you are a dangerous man!

    I am looking at your work and I despair. Besides your excellent vision, it is such quality that can not be reproduced by any DSLR / lense combination available today.

    I can cheat I guess, and use focus stacking and the likes, but there is a difference and I can see that.

    From the distance, I come to think that such Alp and Lense combinations with a modern DB is the ultimate one can hope for in image quality.

    The effect it has on me is that I feel constrained by the DSLR world and feel like bieng in a cuel de sac. There are attractive new cameras on the market with excellent lenses, different sensors sizes and function on offer, but in way they are all the same.

    Reading what you and others say also convinced me that a step into this world requires guidance and learning, the latter has a time frame attached and will require patience to come to the point that one forgets the camera he uses and the technics in his hands, becomes one with that unit and can concentrate on the scene and light, no thinking about the gear required anymore, except perhaps that step to choose the right tilt and swing, which I suppose will become a second nature too with experience.

    It appears to be another universe, shooting with technical cameras.

    Fantastic.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  18. #2518
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Dan,

    Many thanks for your detailed response and equipment test offer. Very much appreciated.

    I had not considered the Schneider PC-TS lenses before but they do look a promising solution.

    Does your PC-TS 90 mm resolve to infinity when used directly on the FPS when the corresponding adapter/combination is used or if the FPS is used as a shutter module with your MAX/STC body etc?

    Regards,
    Theo

    Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Thanks Theo!

    The FPS is a remarkable body that takes the word flexibility further. With so many lenses, both legacy and new to use in combination with a DB.
    I like the fact that I get consistent exposure time no matter what lens I use. This is not the case with my different tech lenses and copal shutters and is actually frustrating at times.

    I use a Schneider PC 90 TS lens and the results are very solid, so my thinking is that IF the upcoming PC 28 TS is as good as promised, then I can see myself using those two lenses together with a FPS covering 80% of my work. Although the lenses are quite large, at least the 90 is pretty light. So nice and light and it would fit nicely in a Pelicase.
    I suspect that the 28 would only allow for 5 to 6mm of shift but it is better than nothing and I could cheat and keystone the rest in post. Good would be the possibility to tilt for greater sharpness in vast landscapes.

    Yes, I have used the FPS + MAX and Hasselblad V-lenses - great fun and it works perfect. Limits being, as usual, on image circle and overall quality of the optics. The FPS + MAX becomes rather heavy and add for instance my Distagon 40 IF and it is a beast, but no doubt fun

    I would have liked to be able to use the standard Alpa mount lenses, the 28XL would be sweet, but not a big deal, its just to bolt it on the TC and shoot or the larger bodies if movements are required.

    The FPS feels very solid and works flawless, in fact, I have not had a single Alpa hick-up. Quality right through everything. I feel secure working with my gear.

    Best of luck in your decision and should you be in south of Spain you are welcome to try out anything I have….

  19. #2519
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Thanks Theo!

    The FPS is a remarkable body that takes the word flexibility further. With so many lenses, both legacy and new to use in combination with a DB.
    I like the fact that I get consistent exposure time no matter what lens I use. This is not the case with my different tech lenses and copal shutters and is actually frustrating at times.

    I use a Schneider PC 90 TS lens and the results are very solid, so my thinking is that IF the upcoming PC 28 TS is as good as promised, then I can see myself using those two lenses together with a FPS covering 80% of my work. Although the lenses are quite large, at least the 90 is pretty light. So nice and light and it would fit nicely in a Pelicase.
    I suspect that the 28 would only allow for 5 to 6mm of shift but it is better than nothing and I could cheat and keystone the rest in post. Good would be the possibility to tilt for greater sharpness in vast landscapes.

    Yes, I have used the FPS + MAX and Hasselblad V-lenses - great fun and it works perfect. Limits being, as usual, on image circle and overall quality of the optics. The FPS + MAX becomes rather heavy and add for instance my Distagon 40 IF and it is a beast, but no doubt fun

    I would have liked to be able to use the standard Alpa mount lenses, the 28XL would be sweet, but not a big deal, its just to bolt it on the TC and shoot or the larger bodies if movements are required.

    The FPS feels very solid and works flawless, in fact, I have not had a single Alpa hick-up. Quality right through everything. I feel secure working with my gear.

    Best of luck in your decision and should you be in south of Spain you are welcome to try out anything I have….
    Hi Dan,

    Many thanks for your detailed response and equipment test offer. Very much appreciated.

    I had not considered the Schneider PC-TS lenses before but they do look a promising solution.

    Does your PC-TS 90 mm resolve to infinity when used directly on the FPS when the corresponding adapter/combination is used or if the FPS is used as a shutter module with your MAX/STC body etc?

    Regards,
    Theo
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #2520
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    I've recently set myself up with an Alpa TC + Schneider Apo-Digitar 47mm (decentered) lens. My MFDB is a Leaf Aptus 75 and the results I'm getting from this over that of my Mamiya AFDii is, frankly, startling. Zero CA, 100% edge-to-edge sharpness. For such a small package it punches way above its weight. The results I'm getting remind me of what my DP2M delivers.

    I had the 47XL decentered as this makes it a poor man's shift lens. I'm going to add the Schneider 24mm XL and then I reckon I'm sorted.

    If, like me, you're not a 'technical shooter', don't be afraid of using a technical camera. I look upon my Alpa TC as an - albeit expensive! - point and shoot camera. Leaf backs are always on so there's no faffing. Simplicity itself.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #2521
    Senior Member stephengilbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    2,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    "Faffing?"

  22. #2522
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Erm, okay.. No fiddling around. Set the aperture, set the shutter speed, cock the shutter, click. Simple. No faffing.

  23. #2523
    Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnia View Post
    I look upon my Alpa TC as an - albeit expensive! - point and shoot camera.


    I guess some would not hesitate to use a 900 years old japanese Katana to open a bottle of water.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Ti...layer_embedded

  24. #2524
    Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    539

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnia View Post
    Erm, okay.. No fiddling around. Set the aperture, set the shutter speed, cock the shutter, click. Simple. No faffing.
    When it comes to no faffing about, you'll love the 24XL on the TC. You won't even need to worry about focusing with that lens combo. Just make sure that you have the centre filter for it though.

    Ylem ...
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #2525
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post
    Dan, you are a dangerous man!

    I am looking at your work and I despair. Besides your excellent vision, it is such quality that can not be reproduced by any DSLR / lense combination available today.

    I can cheat I guess, and use focus stacking and the likes, but there is a difference and I can see that.

    From the distance, I come to think that such Alp and Lense combinations with a modern DB is the ultimate one can hope for in image quality.

    The effect it has on me is that I feel constrained by the DSLR world and feel like bieng in a cuel de sac. There are attractive new cameras on the market with excellent lenses, different sensors sizes and function on offer, but in way they are all the same.

    Reading what you and others say also convinced me that a step into this world requires guidance and learning, the latter has a time frame attached and will require patience to come to the point that one forgets the camera he uses and the technics in his hands, becomes one with that unit and can concentrate on the scene and light, no thinking about the gear required anymore, except perhaps that step to choose the right tilt and swing, which I suppose will become a second nature too with experience.

    It appears to be another universe, shooting with technical cameras.

    Fantastic.
    Thank you Georg I can assure you that once you get smitten by not only the image quality but also the purity of the whole photographic process with a tech setup - there is no going back to anything else. Technical excellence is one part, but there is more to it than that….
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook

  26. #2526
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    116

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Thank you Georg I can assure you that once you get smitten by not only the image quality but also the purity of the whole photographic process with a tech setup - there is no going back to anything else. Technical excellence is one part, but there is more to it than that….
    I could not agree more .
    That is what I call : Back to the roots of photography with precise and excellent gear .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #2527
    Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Technical excellence is one part, but there is more to it than that….
    I usually shoot in solitude, however, on a rare occasion I was shooting with a well known celebrity photographer for 10 days. His way of working was very different, as he literally chased around all day and I perceived it as a certain nervousity in the process of shooting. Kinda "Time is Money" or a "30 minutes walk in the Zoo" feeling was left with me and I realized how different my way of approaching photography was.

    Nothing wrong with chasing though, it was not my way.

    Photography and Zen is perhaps best to describe how I feel about it.

  28. #2528
    Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by alajuela View Post
    Hi

    Here is a first infrared shot with the RSAE, converted P45+ HR/70 5 degree Rise - 1 degree tilt - f 11 iso 100 1/30 sec

    Hi Phillip,

    You have a IR converted P45+? I had no idea such exist.

    If I may, I find the tonality a little strange, the stone in the front, and those in the middle are somehow incoherent to my eyes and both seem not to fit with the IR look of the leaves. None of the wonderful trees can be seen in total, they are cut off. Then again, I did not look at too many IR photographs so far, it might just be my inexperienced look at it.

    I know the choice of frame from long ago, personally I am not too fond of it becuase I find it very distracting. That is not to say that it would not work on other pictures of a more graphical and abstract nature, but may be not so much in sorta busy pictures?

    It is an interesting approach Phillip, but perhaps the person on the left is not placed in a way that benefits the picture overall?

  29. #2529
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    When it comes to no faffing about, you'll love the 24XL on the TC. You won't even need to worry about focusing with that lens combo. Just make sure that you have the centre filter for it though.

    I was thinking of using the Alpa digital centre filter Digitalcenterfilter.com

  30. #2530
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
    Hi Dan,

    Many thanks for your detailed response and equipment test offer. Very much appreciated.

    I had not considered the Schneider PC-TS lenses before but they do look a promising solution.

    Does your PC-TS 90 mm resolve to infinity when used directly on the FPS when the corresponding adapter/combination is used or if the FPS is used as a shutter module with your MAX/STC body etc?

    Regards,
    Theo
    Yes, focus reaches infinity on the FPS. In fact, with an overthrow which means that you must make an infinity test and mark your exact position on the focus ring when lens is zeroed. But the overthrow is brilliant when using lots of tilt which ultimately means even better dof control.

    I have very very carefully 'calibrated' (or rather made my own more detailed focus scales and positioned them in the correct position) my 4 Hassy-V lenses. Spot on nowadays…
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  31. #2531
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Yes, focus reaches infinity on the FPS. In fact, with an overthrow which means that you must make an infinity test and mark your exact position on the focus ring when lens is zeroed. But the overthrow is brilliant when using lots of tilt which ultimately means even better dof control.

    I have very very carefully 'calibrated' (or rather made my own more detailed focus scales and positioned them in the correct position) my 4 Hassy-V lenses. Spot on nowadays…
    That's excellent news, Dan.

    Many thanks,
    Theo

  32. #2532
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post

    Photography and Zen is perhaps best to describe how I feel about it.
    Indeed. I have most of the time been out in nature alone. I do believe I make my best work when alone, but lately I have started to enjoy company as well. I have regular 'mini-workshops' meaning 1-3 enthusiasts coming along for a full day outing - and I have grown to enjoy these days a lot.
    Ofcourse my own photography is non-existent those days since I am all concentrated on the enthusiasts wanting to learn something, but nonetheless very enjoyable days.

    Anyway, here's a handheld shot at dusk on my way back to the car high up in the mountains. Wide open and 1/15 with no support….. But not too shabby…..
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

  33. #2533
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central europe
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    some recent shots from the new "Campus of the Vienna University of Economics and Business"
    really remarkable bunch of international architects involved here ;-)





    www.thomasebruster.com
    _______________________________
    Arca Rm3di|RS90|SK43|RS28|CFV-50
    Likes 21 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #2534
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    4,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    132

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    It is the Star Fleet headquarters on Earth!
    Will

    http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #2535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Awesome images! That project is stunning!

  36. #2536
    Senior Member alajuela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Shanghai / Miami
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    124

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post
    Hi Phillip,

    You have a IR converted P45+? I had no idea such exist.

    If I may, I find the tonality a little strange, the stone in the front, and those in the middle are somehow incoherent to my eyes and both seem not to fit with the IR look of the leaves. None of the wonderful trees can be seen in total, they are cut off. Then again, I did not look at too many IR photographs so far, it might just be my inexperienced look at it.

    I know the choice of frame from long ago, personally I am not too fond of it becuase I find it very distracting. That is not to say that it would not work on other pictures of a more graphical and abstract nature, but may be not so much in sorta busy pictures?

    It is an interesting approach Phillip, but perhaps the person on the left is not placed in a way that benefits the picture overall?
    Hi Georg

    Yes, the P45+ can be converted to full spectrum by Phase, what they do is take off the Hot Mirror, the hot mirror excludes the UV and IR wave lengths and restricts the capture to visible light. which is +/- 380nm - 720nm.

    Then you put on screw on filters to limit what part of the spectrum to allow to hit the sensor. In this case I think it was about 650nm and up, so some false color reached the sensor. I think the stone is like that as it reflects no natural light (not sure but I think that is why).

    Your opinion certainly is valid, I am not married to the software frame - did not give it allot of thought, chose it because I felt it added to the oddness of the shot. but i think your comment is well founded and certainly well received ;-) I would have preferred to have more of the shot and less of the frame. The guy in frame - I like as it gives some realism to an otherwise unrealistic shot.

    I have a ways to go on this, and hope in the coming months to get some interesting images.

    Thank you for taking the time to comment

    Phil
    Last edited by alajuela; 5th November 2013 at 20:13.

  37. #2537
    Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    82

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by alajuela View Post
    Yes, the P45+ can be converted to full spectrum by Phase, what they do is take off the Hot Mirror, the hot mirror excludes the UV and IR wave lengths and restricts the capture to visible light. which is +/- 380nm - 720nm.

    Then you put on screw on filters to limit what part of the spectrum to allow to hit the sensor. In this case I think it was about 650nm and up, so some false color reached the sensor. I think the stone is like that as it reflects no natural light (not sure but I think that is why).
    Fascinating! I would imagine that hot mirror procedure is non destructive, hence reversible by Phase One?

    Thanks Phillip, and btw. really enjoyed the river pictures from Yang Shao.

  38. #2538
    Senior Member alajuela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Shanghai / Miami
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    124

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post
    Fascinating! I would imagine that hot mirror procedure is non destructive, hence reversible by Phase One?

    Thanks Phillip, and btw. really enjoyed the river pictures from Yang Shao.

    Thank you Georg

    As far a "reversible" goes, I am not sure, but - you can buy a "Hot Mirror" filter from Heliopan, B+W etc, which you can screw on the lens, and this should give you a "normal" image.

    I am off to Miami today, and intend to do some shooting with the P45+ in the next few weeks.

    thanks

    Phil

  39. #2539
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central europe
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    It is the Star Fleet headquarters on Earth!
    yes, you are right
    www.thomasebruster.com
    _______________________________
    Arca Rm3di|RS90|SK43|RS28|CFV-50

  40. #2540
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central europe
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_R View Post
    Awesome images! That project is stunning!
    thanks, yes it's an awesome building - designed by Zaha Hadid Architecture Hamburg.
    but that's only one of six architects/building complexes at the new campus.

    here's a detail from dusk:

    www.thomasebruster.com
    _______________________________
    Arca Rm3di|RS90|SK43|RS28|CFV-50
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  41. #2541
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central europe
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    here's another one wich i like very much - the facade is made of rusty steel panels.
    looks so cool within the new environment. designed by BUSarchitecture ZT GmbH vienna.






    and another one from CRAB Studio London


    www.thomasebruster.com
    _______________________________
    Arca Rm3di|RS90|SK43|RS28|CFV-50
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

  42. #2542
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #2543
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    22

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Canon 24mm TSE Alpa FPS Prairie Creek SP

    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  44. #2544
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Experimenting with ways to bring out engine features. This was done with both standards tilted to vertical and swung to parallel. Composite of a fill image with light painting.
    Last edited by cunim; 7th January 2014 at 08:56.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #2545
    Senior Member Pemihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Rain forest along Oil City Road, Olympic NP, Washington.
    Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK35XL

    Peter
    My website
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  46. #2546
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Just came home from a full day of boring 'must-do-things'. Entering my home I see both my kids, my wife and a friend snapping away on the terrace with their 4 compacts.
    I realise that this light was going to last for seconds so I rushed into my study and opened my Peli. I knew that the SK120 was mounted on the SWA. But my tripod was in the car….damn….no time. I fire it up, quickly turn aperture to wide open 5.6 and hope it is enough with 1/60. Because 1/60 handheld is definitely needed with the 120. And another….damn….no soft release, but there is no time, you see the shadow on the left. This shadow moved into the picture rapidly. I got this capture and seconds later the whole mountain was in shadow.

    I haven't done anything to it, colours are very close to what it was and exposure not lifted at all. Talk about a stressful photo…..not the usual me...

    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

  47. #2547
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    31

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Aptus 22 and WRS-1200 at Dufferin Islands, Niagara Falls.

    SK 35:


    SK 90:
    Last edited by jctodd; 17th November 2013 at 18:33. Reason: URL fixes

  48. #2548
    Senior Member rayyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images



    Waiting to take this baby out for a spin : )
    Leica | Angenieux | Alpa | Rodenstock | Schneider | Phase One
    www.raymondchak.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  49. #2549
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    116

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    WOW

    And that little black thing on the right is the camera ? ? ?
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  50. #2550
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Technical Camera Images

    Don't forget to put the adequate mask in the viewfinder
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •