The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Mine showed up in the Apple Script menu. There is no submenu, just the Stitch in Photoshop action.

--Matt

yaya

Select the images, select Stitch In Photoshop, sit back and watch it doing it all for you

Mind you it only works on Flat stitching

danlindberg

This image I shot last fall and posted cropped as a 2:1 pano and heavily tweaked colours.
Now that I see the raw file again, I prefer how it was shot without any cropping or funny colours....
This version is straight from the rawfile and the only thing done is the whitebalance is a tad cooler.

Instinctively, I would have put a rise on the lens to half the black foreground and see more sky, but I can turn it around and argue that the black 'nothingness' gives the image a more solid foundation and gives it better overall balance. The fog was a great addition to go from nothingness to infinity.

Was it a lucky scene, me passing by with the Alpa SWA over my shoulder? ....cannot lie, it was planned, its my wife and two kids. I put the SWA on a tripod, measured both distance with the D5 and light with a Sekonic L508, directed their posing so that I got 'air' between arms and legs. Fighting the complaining from the kids every 3 seconds - "dad, are you done yet...???"

:D

GMB

I have not shown any professional assignment on the forum. Main reason is copyright issues and normal respect towards a paying client. Right now I have a cluster of large exclusive villas to photograph and I have been given permission to show a few interiors of this particular villa. I cannot show any exterior shots and there are plenty more inside as well, with huge gamesroom, wine cellar, 7 bedrooms, cinemaroom, library etc etc. but still thought it could be interesting to show my style when working weekdays assignments :)
I am a big fan of your private work but these are stunning as well (although the interior of that house is absolutely not my taste ;))

stngoldberg

Dan...when using your SK120 closer than 20 feet, what aperture do you use for sharp focus...I am finding I need F22
Stanley

danlindberg

I am a big fan of your private work but these are stunning as well (although the interior of that house is absolutely not my taste ;))
Thank you, much appreciated :) As to the interior design, not my thing either, but this is a common style for "doing up" an exclusive villa targeting scandinavians or russians in Spain. I can assure you plenty of people love it ;)

Dan...when using your SK120 closer than 20 feet, what aperture do you use for sharp focus...I am finding I need F22
Stanley
Without any hesitation - something is wrong with yours! Give me an "exact" distance and I'll shot mine at f5.6 and I promise it will surprise you :toocool:

danlindberg

Stanley!

I looked through a few folders. This one is the SK 120 at the very minimum focusing distance. The image is further cropped before being squared. It is not wide open but 'only' f8. In my view not too shabby :)

stngoldberg

Thank you, much appreciated :) As to the interior design, not my thing either, but this is a common style for "doing up" an exclusive villa targeting scandinavians or russians in Spain. I can assure you plenty of people love it ;)

Without any hesitation - something is wrong with yours! Give me an "exact" distance and I'll shot mine at f5.6 and I promise it will surprise you :toocool:
Please try 12 feet
Thank you,
Stanley

dchew

Stanley,
Check out the first two images from my post here:
Washington sk150
This is the 150mm, at right around 10-12 feet. It took a few captures to get the focus right, mainly because the 150mm does not have an HPF ring. So if anything the 150 is tougher to focus than the 120mm.

Dave

stngoldberg

Hi Dan,
I am not getting anywhere the sharpness you are getting with your 120mm. Thank you for the demonstration; I am going to investigate my problem further.
Stanley

cunim

This was taken to show an instrument panel installation. AS Monolith, IQ180, Apo Digitar 210mm @ f8, blended image using ratios of flash and daylight to show both structure and shadow areas. Stack of three.

Good lighting exercise because of limited access and wildly differing specularities. Love this lens, though the same shot done with the LS150 on the DF was good. Interesting point - note the vertical wires in the crop. The IQ180 renders these nicely, about as well as a 50MS back. Used to get bad color moire there with a single shot 50 back.

Last edited:

tsjanik

Stanley, shot 20 minutes ago at exactly 12 feet. Default sharpening from Camera Raw. Wide open! It improves with f8 and is at its best at f11 but imho it is very usable wide open as well.

Dan, sorry to say these images are not up to your typical high standards. No beauty whatsoever :ROTFL:

Tom

NB: In case anyone isn't sure, this a joke. Dan's images are consistently the most sublime on this forum.

Last edited:

danlindberg

Dan, sorry to say these images are not up to your typical high standards. No beauty whatsoever :ROTFL:

Tom

NB: In case anyone isn't sure, this a joke. Dan's images are consistently the most sublime on this forum.

:D:D I'll let you in on a secret....the lens test shot above is really mine, but the others I buy from Getty......:rolleyes: