The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

darr

Higher Education Building in Malmoe, Sweden. For me an unusual shot because I handheld the MAX for this one :p
I 15mm rise as well, so framingwise (no viewfinder either) I only got it the third time trying!
With good light I went with 100iso, f8 and 1/125. I actually could not detect any loss of sharpness compared to tripod mount with this speed. I have quite steady hands though...

Amazing hand-work Dan!! :D

etrump

Pre-dawn at Lake Louise, Banff NP Canada. Rain storm coming in so the normally iconic mirrored glass lake waters weren't so smooth. Four images shot in vertical orientation, each about 13 sec exposures (to smooth out the water), Cambo, IQ180, HR40, and stitched "traditionally" with CS5.
Love this shot Ken, I'm curious about how high the camera was from the ground?

rga

"Fitzgerald Bench"
Fitzgerald Marine Preserve, Half Moon Bay, California
Alpa MAX, SK150mm APO-Digitar SB, P65+ (portrait orientation), f/16@1/2sec, full left and right shift (cropped), ISO 50

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Bob - I really enjoy your bench series! It's nice to see a body of work like this that put these images into context.

rga

Bob - I really enjoy your bench series! It's nice to see a body of work like this that put these images into context.
Thank you Graham! Hopefully over the years I'll be able to travel more and expand the collection.
I appreciate your comment very much,
Bob

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Bob , what a great image .
On the right side , I just want to walk in , while the left side invites to rest .

rga

Thanks Jurgen! I think all of us appreciate hearing when an image works for someone; I know I do.
Best,
Bob

James Clark

Yesterdays catch... :)

Dan,

As always I admire your work, both in terms of composition and color contrast. Can I ask what your process is for finding appropriate subjects and paring them down to such basic composition while still maintaining such effectiveness in presentation?

I don't know if that's clear actually... I guess what I'm asking is, do you just sort of organically "see" in terms of elegantly simple compositions with strong form and line, or do you look at a scene and then think/plan on how to distill the greater picture down to very basic, very strong elements?

BANKER1

I think it boils down to "Some people have it, and some don't." There are those who can paint, draw, or otherwise create beauty. Others, like me, have to struggle and sometimes get lucky to create a beautiful image. Dan Lindberg and Don Libby create images that speak to me and are wonderful works of art. And, I am sure they work hard to create their amazing images. Others define it as having an "eye". I am inspired by their work and always strive to create images that just come close to those wonderful images shown on this site.

Greg

jlm

Workshop Member
out in the navy yard, this old bldg is getting a major facelift. i have a wealth of history shooting pre-reno. sk 43, IQ160