The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

pophoto

Frost on the grass, but high skies and a big bright sun. Gloves on and bag over shoulder. Today I am going to try movements for the first time with the Credo!
This particular image was a very moderate lensfall of 5mm.
First image made with the Credo with 'photography' in mind and not 'testing' anything.

Those other ones were tests! :eek:

danlindberg

This is the largest square image I have processed. It is a two image flatstich with the MAX & Credo 60. I know there are many of you that have done multistitch images with both 60 and 80 mp backs, but I haven't and I am going mental here, seeing so much detail! It is nothing short of amazing in high rez and a good monitor.

jerome

First test with Arca swiss f-line6x9. both images are 3 shot stitches at iso 50.
night image is rode 90mm at 104sec and sunset image is 1/4 of a second with the 43 sk

First thoughts are i love this camera.
I am on the market for a tech or view cam for my h4d-50.
I was considering the techno, arca f line, rm3di, or even the cambo wrs.

I think i feel more comfortable using the ground glass as i don't have any experience with helical focussing. however the f line does not seem to take anything wider than 35mm and the linhof has a strange stitching back which is not the same as the arca.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi

did you use you Hassy D50 back on the Arca ? Is that possible and easy, even if the back has no battery ?

thanks

bahr

Hi

did you use you Hassy D50 back on the Arca ? Is that possible and easy, even if the back has no battery ?

thanks
Hi Jerome,

I used it tethered to a Mac book pro(2011). To be honest I found shooting tethered quite useful as it can be tricky to focus but not that bad. I was considering the image bank ii if I ever buy a view camera which would probably be easier in the field.

I basically rented the arca to test it. It came in a giant peli case which I found a little cumbersome but it carried pretty much everything. Quite easy to set up but today I received some harassment from silly security guards in Dubai marina and perhaps a smaller and quicker set up like the rm3d would be more ideal.

Bahr

jerome

Hi Jerome,

I used it tethered to a Mac book pro(2011). To be honest I found shooting tethered quite useful as it can be tricky to focus but not that bad. I was considering the image bank ii if I ever buy a view camera which would probably be easier in the field.

I basically rented the arca to test it. It came in a giant peli case which I found a little cumbersome but it carried pretty much everything. Quite easy to set up but today I received some harassment from silly security guards in Dubai marina and perhaps a smaller and quicker set up like the rm3d would be more ideal.

Bahr
Thanks

Shooting tethered for landscape is not an option for me. Image bank is available and effective ?

bahr

Well I have researched the image bank ii and there is not a lot of user experiences posted about it. On paper it looks great but it does cost a fair amount. I think if it works well then it's definitely worth the cost. I think I read somewhere that although you can use the built in hard drive, you can also write to a cf card and only use it to power the back. B&H still have it listed on their site.

stngoldberg

I have commented on the image bank on numerous posts. It is easy to use-trouble free-you may send the images to your cf card-the batteries last a long time and are inexpensive and rechargeable. I use my H4D50 back on my arca swiss rm3di and enjoy the experience
Stanley

danlindberg

Alright, putting close range photography on the test out in the field. I have tested/concluded that with the macroadaptor 6.5 and the SK 72L I get perfect focus with a distance of 535mm from the front of the base of the lens. So, I have cut a piece of thin wood of this exact distance and bring with me in the field. Putting this piece of wood between the lens and the object makes my macro focusing incredibly accurate. I have yet to get a closeup out of focus. (ofcourse I have these 'woodguides' for all four lenses in combination with the 6.5 adaptor)
This image I used a sandbag to put the MAX on.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
{snip}

So, I have cut a piece of thin wood of this exact distance and bring with me in the field. Putting this piece of wood between the lens and the object makes my macro focusing incredibly accurate. I have yet to get a closeup out of focus. (ofcourse I have these 'woodguides' for all four lenses in combination with the 6.5 adaptor)
Dan, this sounds very much like a variation of the old Press photographer trick with their Crown Graphic cameras except that they used a piece of string to determine exact distance. :thumbup:

danlindberg

jars121 - thank you, Two exposures where one is overexposed and then blend in those parts.

graham - I have strings too :) but the advantage of the more rigid pieces is when setting up the camera I can hold the stick at the same time in place while moving the whole tripod/camera back and forth.

danlindberg

The DR of CREDO 60 is very impressive! This shot is a 27 second exposure and the only light was from the windows. A single shot and then tweaked in Capture One.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I don't know if this should go in the "Capture One 7 is the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread" thread, or here, but I took this three weeks ago when I had a brand new Schneider 60 lens for the Cambo, and was just never happy with the separation between the foreground and the willow across the pond. With C17, I like it enough now to post.

Kudos also goes to Jack's resizing action, which generates truly outstanding 1200 pixel jpegs.

Best,

Matt
Fantastic image, Matt!
Bill

pophoto

Alright, putting close range photography on the test out in the field. I have tested/concluded that with the macroadaptor 6.5 and the SK 72L I get perfect focus with a distance of 535mm from the front of the base of the lens. So, I have cut a piece of thin wood of this exact distance and bring with me in the field. Putting this piece of wood between the lens and the object makes my macro focusing incredibly accurate. I have yet to get a closeup out of focus. (ofcourse I have these 'woodguides' for all four lenses in combination with the 6.5 adaptor)
This image I used a sandbag to put the MAX on.

An intensely refreshing image!

danlindberg

An intensely refreshing image!
Thank you :)

I was with my friend Micke (Bildifokus) in Copenhagen visiting a tiny photo retail exhibition and this customcar was in the middle of the exhibition hall. So, shot as seen! (I have cloned away three exhibitor signs in the background, but nothing else is altered)
The only reason I am posting this one is because of one single factor - I handheld the Alpa TC at 1/30 :shocked: I was pretty surprised at home realising that it is really really sharp where I put the focus, on top I used the 35XL wideopen which I rarely do. Technically, not too shabby for a snapshot....:D

jotloob

Subscriber Member
. . . . . .
The only reason I am posting this one is because of one single factor - I handheld the Alpa TC at 1/30 :shocked: I was pretty surprised at home realising that it is really really sharp where I put the focus, on top I used the 35XL wideopen which I rarely do. Technically, not too shabby for a snapshot....:D
Great Dan :thumbs:
I will try that as well :eek: with my adapted 4,5/35mm APO-SIRONAR DIGITAL which has arrived yesterday .

etrump

I was with my friend Micke (Bildifokus) in Copenhagen visiting a tiny photo retail exhibition and this customcar was in the middle of the exhibition hall. So, shot as seen! (I have cloned away three exhibitor signs in the background, but nothing else is altered)

I found the 35XL to be very sharp wide open and your fantastic shot confirms this. Holding my TC handheld, I have had better luck without a release cable preferring the smaller throw of the shutter actuation lever by itself. Curious if anyone else uses it this way.

etrump

Capella di Vitaleta in early afternoon. I don't prefer to shoot this time of day but the clouds would always dissapate by the time the sun dropped so this is the best I have.

Cambo RS, SK 150

SK72L: