The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
No club actually, just a bunch of old farts who have known each other since before this forum existed.

2jbourret

Quick shot from this morning in Yosemite. Shot with Cambo and Rodie 32mm with some fall. This is residual smoke from a fire that has been lingering for a about a week.

Guy, I appreciate the feedback. Love the atmospheric feel of this one, I can almost smell the smoke!

PeterA

Beautiful smoky atmospheric images gentlemen! - about time you got yourselves a 'proper' camera too :poke:

It will take you a few more months to regret wasting the cashola on useless megapixels rather then buying the glass..(unless...)

:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Couple more play images from yesterday. Not the greatest but nice to get back in the swing of shooting the tech cams.

SK43 with about 1.5 degree of forward tilt.

Rodie 32 with some rise about 10mm

Rodie 32mm with fall

Rodie 32mm with more fall

jlm

Workshop Member
guy: looks like a lot of fun in a very nice place, nice weather...what WA lens do you think you will stay with? liking the tilt on the 43?

rga

Olmstead point SK72

-bob
That's the spot!
I was to the right, in your image, of the small (actually growing sideways) tree shooting to the left in your image. The taller tree is on the left of my image.

Were you there too? I did not see you!!
;-)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I notice that you folks aren't including the exposure details in addition to the rise/fall & tilt information. I assume you're sticking to f/8-f/11 or so?

Obviously tilt is helping with the DoF but I'd be interested to hear whether you're keeping within the "optimum” guidelines or stopping down further at all. I know that for me, in the absence of tilt and when I want as much DoF as possible, I'll sometimes forego the ultimate sharpness of the lens and stop down to f/16 or f/18 or so to get more of the shot in acceptable focus - i.e. diffraction be damned! (of course at other times if I'm not shooting a wide I'll just focus stack ...)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Graham on the tree looking up I used F16 with the 32mm. It seems to hold up pretty good but maybe a tough image to see diffraction.