The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Swissblad

Ed, I made it as a template with a few layers in photoshop. I have different files for vertical, horizontal, square and panos. So from original file I downsize to 13,34x10cm still at 300dpi (standard ratio from the Aptus) and simply copy/paste into the right layer, then downsize further and 'save for web'.

I have already sent a .psd template file to half a dozen members here, so whoever needs/wants one, it is just to pm your email and I send it :)
Great idea - PM sent.

Thanks, S.)

danlindberg

Two image nodal stitch with the SK 120 N • 1/4 • f11 • iso 100 • no shift

Now, that will be my last posting for around 3 weeks. I am off to Spain tomorrow and cannot do any PP down there. However, I will have internet so I will checkout new images being posted....Cheers, for a while :)

Don Libby

I've been busy in Jackson Hole and not able to always get to the computer and visit here. I did want to share the results a test I did this morning alongside Granite Creek. These were both taken using the Cambo WRS1000, P65+, Schneider 72mm lens with a 3-stop ND filter. I kept the ISO at 100 and varied the f/stop. One image was 21-seconds the other 16-seconds long.

f/32 16-seconds ISO100

f/16 21-seconds ISO100

Hope ya like these

Don

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The only industrial building in my place in the country side .
ALPA 12 STC + APO-GRANDAGON 4,5/45mm + CFV-39

Swissblad

Enjoy your holiday Dan - look forward to seeing a flood of new postings once you're backl
Great pan0 stitch, btw.

etrump

Autumn maple details photographed yesterday courtesy of Sensor+ due to a stiff breeze.

Cambo, IQ180, SK72L, ISO 200, 10mm fall:

Last edited:

Thierry

I love it Dan.

I know it's your intention to have the image rather flat in contrast for this one, and no harm meant with my remark, but I would love to see this with the shadows of the trees' trunk being plain black.

Best
Thierry

Two image nodal stitch with the SK 120 N • 1/4 • f11 • iso 100 • no shift

2jbourret

Very nice, Ed. Especially like the first, the structure of branches grounds the image and provides nice contrast.

danlindberg

Thanks guys, yes Spain is fantastic, this morning waking up, the sun is out, not a cloud in sight and the morning coffee on the terrace.....

thierry, in fact, the mist was very thick and being there it was much lower contrast than in the image posted suggests. I have three versions where the posted image is inbetween. First one is even lower contrast, b&w and actually one and a half stop lighter. Come to think of it, that one is probably my favorite....the last one was tweaked harder with blackened treetrunks as you suggest and sure, it works, but having the three images beside each other my attention is caught by the high key one. In hindsight I should have posted that one...:)

kuau

Workshop Member
Ed,
I want to go shooting with you next fall colors season, wow you know all the great spots :thumbs:

kuau

Workshop Member
Still going through my fall colors from Telluride, came up with these 2,
I still wish I could figure out how to get better color off my leaf aptus II 7 back.
Oh well here is what I have for today.
Sinar arTec, 135mm F11
Steven

etrump

Ed,
I want to go shooting with you next fall colors season, wow you know all the great spots :thumbs:
Got lucky on that color. I was driving through town and saw some maple trees in a vacant lot not 20 yards from one of the main roads in town. Maybe it was payback cuz I've driven 15,000 miles in the last six weeks. :eek:

kuau

Workshop Member
Thanks Bill, Joe, and Jack.
what I meant by me saying I wish I could get better color off my leaf back was when I open up files in C1, they always look very dull, muted colors, etc. As opposed to opening up files from my no longer much beloved M9, they almost always looked great right off the camera. IMHO I think the canned profiles for my leaf back are not very good, and I am not a very pleased with the canned tone curves either.
I think the canned leaf camera profiles are more tuned for flesh tones, studio work.
oh well it just takes me forever to get good "pleasing" color in C1 and even leaf capture.

steven

yaya

Steven a couple of tips:
1. On the back select the "Product" preset and change the profile to "Product HS"
2. Try to use a Grey card in the field, if possible

Yair

kuau

Workshop Member
Yair
thanks for the tips but... That's the setup I was using until doug petterson told me to use pro photo on the leaf back which made no sense to me because pro photo is a working space not a camera profile. The Product preset tone curve is sometime to strong of a tone curve, but that is where I start from.
I think today I will shot a gretag colorchecker sg chart and see how well product hs tries to match the colors.
I would love to use a gray card yet most of my landscape mostly have both some sun and some cloudy areas.
Do any of the over the lens wb filters work? Ie photodisc?
steven

Steven a couple of tips:
1. On the back select the "Product" preset and change the profile to "Product HS"
2. Try to use a Grey card in the field, if possible

Yair