The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

jlm

Workshop Member
same bldg, you can see the earlier shot way down there...

above group first time out with the IQ160 and using C1. all with SK43 and some had as much as 15mm shift (this shot, portrait mode) LCC applied liberally

my thanks to Steve Hendrix and CI

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Not to beat a dead horse, but still don't see any reason these are not in the regular images thread to expose all MF shooters to tech shots. Many of them don't even show the gear used to capture them with ...

2jbourret

John, outstanding! I also really like the one with the egg, although even without it, it would be a phenomenal shot.

Tom Holdsworth

Hey everyone, this is my first post in the forum but I've been following GetDPI for a while - I appreciate the inspiring work and the technical information across the site.

I bought an Arca RM3Di and Aptus II-5 earlier this year for use in my fledgling architectural photography business. I finally got a chance to travel to Yellowstone with it in late September. Attached is a shot of the Hayden Valley, I believe I used the Schneider 60mm 5.6. If not, I only have one other lens at the moment, the SK 47XL.
View attachment 50794

I'm looking forward to shooting some more landscapes this winter, as the architectural work dries up.

Tom

danlindberg

Great one Tom, lovely green!

I'm back from Spain, but with hardly any new images. I have had a 'real' break from everything and only brought the Alpa once on a walk by the sea. I have concentrated on good wines and just about doing nothing.

However, one image in 12 days is one better than zero :p

Alpa SWA • SK 72 L • multiple stitch • 1/60 • f8,5 • iso 100 • no shift

I wanted exact equal amount of sand/sea/sky with the pale natural light and the sharp sunbed colour to complement.

Tom Holdsworth

Thanks Dan and Swissblad.

I've enjoyed my few months with the Aptus II-5. I do wish on occasion for longer exposure capacity, and the lack of ability to tether with a battery (like a P1 back) is just plain irritating. But aside from that it's a good value and has allowed me to put the bulk of my limited budget in the gear that won't be obsolete next year - the camera.

And Dan's quietly brilliant work shows there's a long way for me to go before I could ever honestly say I've "outgrown" the Aptus. I am, however, trying to talk myself into a SK 120N!

danlindberg

It was a very nice light this afternoon. I made a 3 image stitch over this local field. What does not come across in this webimage is the tremendous amount of detail in the sharp area, set to about 3 metres. It is natively 1 metre wide.

Alpa SWA • SK 72 L • 1/15 • f8 • iso 50 • no shift

danlindberg

I think I have to post a 100% crop of that field....

I must say that I am rather impressed of what the Aptus II 5 can manage.

Thierry

When seeing this image I can't help myself to wonder how a "similar" subject and composition of an image has been sold for $ 4,3 M.

Beautiful Dan.

Thierry

It was a very nice light this afternoon. I made a 3 image stitch over this local field. What does not come across in this webimage is the tremendous amount of detail in the sharp area, set to about 3 metres. It is natively 1 metre wide.

Alpa SWA • SK 72 L • 1/15 • f8 • iso 50 • no shift

rga

Recently returned from Maui where I was on vacation (mostly) and had the chance to really enjoy my MFDB kit (Alpa + P45+ and various lenses). Hope you enjoy.

Infinity Pool at Sunset - Travassa, Hana, HI:

Clearing Storm Sunrise - Travassa, Hana, HI:

Sunset at Kea Lani - Wailea, HI

Coy and Lilly - Wailea, HI

Century Plant Lifecycle - Haleakala Volcano, Maui, HI:

High Country View I - Maui, HI

High Country View II - Maui, HI

kuau

Workshop Member
Robert,
My old home for almost 18 years.
Couple of things, They call it "Up Country" not High Country, Thats a Silver Sword you got up on top of Haleakala, very nice btw,
High Country View I is actually looking out towards Kihei and Maalaea Harbor,
High Country View II - looks like you took the picture from Haliimaile very nice indeed.
Wow old memories for me. Hope you had a nice stay on Maui.

Steven

rga

Robert,
My old home for almost 18 years.
Couple of things, They call it "Up Country" not High Country, Thats a Silver Sword you got up on top of Haleakala, very nice btw,
High Country View I is actually looking out towards Kihei and Maalaea Harbor,
High Country View II - looks like you took the picture from Haliimaile very nice indeed.
Wow old memories for me. Hope you had a nice stay on Maui.

Steven
Thanks for the info Steven. Great to know specific details about locations and views!
You come from a beautiful and photo-rich state. We had a fantastic time.
Thanks,
Bob