The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

cs750

Martini Rock

Image made in Canyon de Chelly in late October 2011. Some of the locals call the scene Martini Rock because it has a "big overhang". Charles

cs750

Bob, thank you for your comment. Despite your kind comment I know I have not made perfect images, but I am having a lot of fun and sense my images are improving despite a few memory lapses relating to technique from time to time! Charles

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Peak of October storm in the Mittens. RM3di, IQ180.
Charles
Charles: Wow! :thumbs: This is as good a shot as I've ever seen of the Mittens. (But maybe need a bit of extra work on the dodge and burn masks -- we can cover that on the next workshop for you ;).)

cs750

Thanks Jack. You are absolutely correct about the extra work needed on the dodge and burn masks. I became aware of that after posting the image and even thought about deleting the image and posting a better one...but will save that for later since I still have many images from the trip I want to spend time on right now; interestingly, my house guests over Thanksgiving who didn't know much about photography thought my mistake was a magical part of the image...and I did not tell them otherwise! Charles

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hot rodded Cambo no less! :thumbs: I like the tilt/swing extensions. I'm sure that someone at Alpa will cringe seeing their HPF rings machined away too :D

Now the real question is whether Guy has placed his order for the T/S knob extensions yet?

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Wow just seen this. Okay my SK 60 TS comes this week and a straight 90. John we may need to mod my 60 . Can I get rings for my 90 and 60. I can order the 90 right away if they make them

jlm

Workshop Member
i was also able to rotate the lens unit in the mounting plate about 90 degrees clockwise; now the more visible shutter speeds are on the beveled face, a bit more readable, and the primary aperture marks and lever and the cocking lever are also in the 10 o'clock region! all nicely placed on the left side. puts the shutter release cable aimed up and the sync connection up near the top
the distance index is still at 12 o'clock, no change there

for some reason the rodenstock lens could be simply grasped and rotated, but my schneiders don't want to move

Ztacir

John,İ have Rodenstock 23,40 t/s and 70 t/s.İ was wondering which focusing rings you use on your lens and can İ use it with my lenses?
Thank you
Ziya

sc_john

My first efforts with Cambo WRS, SK Digitar 35 XL, P40+... the "Blue Hour" on a local beach near Charleston, SC.

John

jlm

Workshop Member
i used the alpa HPR rings for the specific focal length and lens brand. From what I can tell, they fit independent of the Alpa or Cambo style of mount. However, it is a pretty big deal to get it to work with the T/S cambo lens, not for the faint at heart. i also modified my schneider 43 in the same fashion, maybe i'll post a pic of that later

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Back to my "Churches of Litchfield County" project.

I hear the R 28 calling my name as I work on this project.

Alpa Max + SK 47. 15mm or so of rise.