The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

dchew

That's the one thing that kinda bugs me about the Rodi's. At f/11 the lever is right over the focus point, and f/11 is arguably one of the most-used f-stops. Bit of a pain when focus stacking because with no detents in the f-stops I can't swing the lever out of the way for fear of changing the exposure.

Dave

i was also able to rotate the lens unit in the mounting plate about 90 degrees clockwise; now the more visible shutter speeds are on the beveled face, a bit more readable, and the primary aperture marks and lever and the cocking lever are also in the 10 o'clock region! all nicely placed on the left side. puts the shutter release cable aimed up and the sync connection up near the top
the distance index is still at 12 o'clock, no change there

for some reason the rodenstock lens could be simply grasped and rotated, but my schneiders don't want to move

jlm

Workshop Member
try the grasp and rotate technique

woody...your verticals are a bit off of the first two, he he

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
try the grasp and rotate technique

woody...your verticals are a bit off of the first two, he he
I couldn't get all the way there with shifts so I tilted a bit. Corrected in C! but based on advice from people who do more architectural than I do I under corrected slightly (that's why there is a percentage slider in the perspective correction pane). The third image suffers from the same "defect".

Swissblad

Ditto - thanks Dan for the latest post - always a pleasure to see your work - have to try some similar shots as well.

danlindberg

Alpa SWA • SK 72 L • f8,5 • 1 second • iso 25 • 12 metres distance • no shift

Allow me to quote myself! Because I thought I show you an alternative.

Same camera position, in fact, same everything as above. But, all magenta/blue removed, totally different crop and obviously another couple passing by....

Thierry

Dan,

I simply marvel at the beauty of your images. No other word for it.

Please continue.

Thanks
Thierry

Same camera position, in fact, same everything as above. But, all magenta/blue removed, totally different crop and obviously another couple passing by....

jlm

Workshop Member
little tilt test, cranberry bog cape cod
70 rodie, 2 deg tilt, IQ160, f11, focus at 20' (closest part of image is about 3' and camera is 3 ft above water)

Last edited:

danlindberg

Another 'human motion blur' image! (any serious use of this image and I would have done it completely b&w)

Alpa SWA • SK 72 L • f8 • 1/4 • iso 100 • no shift

stngoldberg

Recently acquired an Arca Swiss R3MDI which is being coupled with a 50 magapixel Hasselblad. I must say the images are astounding with the 43mm Schneider lens. Typically I am stitching 9 images together while photographing the painted walls in the Wynwood section of Miami. Here are two of the 40 or so images I have taken recently
Stanley

tsjanik

Dan:

I must echo the praise of others above. You consistently render mundane scenes as sublime images. Very inspirational and motivational.

Tom