The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

jlm

Workshop Member
Bryan:

nice shot

are you using shift? looks like a cyan shift at the top and light falloff, caused by shift and not corrected with the LCC. (you need to check the light falloff and color correction boxes when applying the LCC in C1)

i personally would drop the exposure by a stop, add some clarity and bump sat a bit

worth playing around with the image

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
I think I have to remove the vignetting as I believe this is what is causing the shift at the top. I can try to remove that and drop the exposure slightly and see what happens.

I love the blue tonality in your Zebriskie images. Mine are note even close to that. Are those 30 sec exposures?

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
I tried to grab the sun just as it crested the mountains, but it was a tad too bright, and there was no way to stop the lens flare. I do like the image though, even though it is not quite what I hoped.

Cambo, HR40, P40+

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Guy settin g up his shot of the Rhyolite general store. You can see he has live view on in the TIFF image.

Then this is my image of that shot, as I was just waiting for him to finish his turn.

Cambo, HR40, IQ180

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
With my new cube no less. LOL

For fun here is my shot with the Rodie 28mm, I like the light better on Bryans so I went quick to get out of his way. I will be testing the SK 28mm with my 160 hopefully next week. I want one of them. Love the focal length :D

jlm

Workshop Member
Bryan:

i think my exposures were around 1 second, f5.6. they were bumped about 1.2 stops in post, plus some color editing for lightness/darkness in a few select areas in the hills

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
John

They are excellent captures and the color really sets the mood. The pano is striking even with the middle sky issue you describe.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
With my new cube no less. LOL

For fun here is my shot with the Rodie 28mm, I like the light better on Bryans so I went quick to get out of his way. I will be testing the SK 28mm with my 160 hopefully next week. I want one of them. Love the focal length :D

Guy, it was probably a 1 minute difference between the two, which shows how fast the sun sets behind the mountains.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
LOL Yea i ran out of there in a hurry. LOL

So glad you nailed it. Bryan go back to your image in C1 and knock the color temp down to 4950 and try that. Your looking a touch to warm, sky is going cyan on you.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
LOL Yea i ran out of there in a hurry. LOL

So glad you nailed it. Bryan go back to your image in C1 and knock the color temp down to 4950 and try that. Your looking a touch to warm, sky is going cyan on you.
I did, and it toned it down just a bit. I will repost it when I get home as I dont have WiFi in the office, and my images are on my laptop. :eek: